grilled cheesus

✧❅chapter three❅✧

Burt Hummel was working in his tire shop. It hadn't been a very busy day, so when someone walked in a smile spread on his face. "There's my boy!" he yelled at the sight of his son.

"Well hello to you too, Dad" Florence said sarcastically, coming in a few seconds after her brother. Kurt handed their father his breakfast. As he started whining about one Suzanne Somers, Florence heard a noise come from her phone. She got it out of her back pocket, the lit up screen revealing a number she knew very well. It was Mike calling her.

"Hey Mike" She squealed, waving goodbye to her dad before stepping out of the garage and into the living room.

"Hey Flo! Mike here" the boy greeted on the other side on the phone, "There's a football game tonight, wanna come see me play amazingly well?'

"I would love to go, is Tina coming as well?"  Florence replied, grabbing a bottle of water from the fridge and taking a seat on top of the counter.

Florence heard Mike laugh through the phone. "Duh" he huffed, "She has to go, she's a very supportive girlfriend. Quinn is  coming as well, you can ask Kurt to go too if you want"

"Yea, he doesn't want to come. I'll be there at seven!" she happily yelled into the phone. The two said goodbye and Florence hung up. A few seconds later her phone went off, it was Mike again.

"I forgot to tell you we have a new quarterback. His name is Sam and he's really nice, I asked him to have dinner with us at breadstix before the game, I hope that's cool. Do you wanna come with us?"

Florence smiled at the sound of that name. "Mike Chang, do you even know me? Obviously I'll join you. I think I've talked to that Sam kid before, by the way"

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──

"Mr Schue, i have something to say. Something happened to me, and I can't really get into it. But its shaken me to my core" Finn said while nervously fiddling with his hands.

"Oh my god he's coming out" Puck whispered into Florence's ear. Annoyed by the boy invading her personal space, she lifted up her chair, placing it down besides Brittany.

"Why, yes. Theres a man who's sort of recently come into my life" Finn confessed, shocking most of his friends.

"And that's two of my brothers" Florence huffed, sliding down in her chair.

"And that man is Jesus Christ" Finn explained. Not bothered to listen to Finn anymore, Florence was now just looking at everyones reactions. She found them very entertaining.

"That's way worse" Puck sighed, looking around to see if anyone agreed with him. When no one seemed to, he rolled his eyes and turned back around.

"I know there's others in here that dig him too" Finn continued, earning agreeing nods from Mercedes. " I thought maybe this week we could pay tribute to Jesus, in music" he spoke, smiling in the way only Finn could.

Kurt looked at him in awe, not believing what he was hearing. "Sorry, but if I wanted to sing about Jesus, I'd go to church. And the reason I don't go to church is because most churches don't think very much of gay people"

"Or woman. Or science" Florence pointed out. Kurt smiled at her, happy to see someone had his back.

"I don't see anything wrong with getting a little church up in here" Mercedes smiled sweetly.

Quinn nodded "I agree. I've had a really hard year and I turned to god a lot for help. I wouldn't mind saying thanks" she sighed, the memories of labor taking over her mind.