prom queen

"I think I might be the only girl that isn't dying to go to prom" Florence sighed, taking a seat on one of the chairs in the choir room, "I'm not even sure I'm going. Sam doesn't really want to go either, and I would much rather stay home and watch TV"

"That's too bad, because you are going" Quinn smiled, taking a seat next to her friend. "I'm afraid you don't have a say in this. If you aren't there I will personally come pick you up"

Florence pouted and crossed her arms, looking around in her mind for a reason not to go. "I don't even have a dress" she reasoned.

Quinn smiled, already expecting this answer. She grabbed her tablet and searched around in her photo gallery. "Kurt and I already chose one for you" she smiled, handing Florence the device.

"I don't have a date" Florence sighed, too proud to say a word about the beautiful dress on the tablet's lit up screen.

"Someone will ask you, trust me" Quinn smiled, looking at Sam who had just entered the room.

"Alright, guys. Prom" Mr. Schuester announced, spinning around to face the New Directions. The teens were not as exited as he had hoped, except for Rachel who was happily clapping her hands.

"Please tell me were not doing songs about prom" Sam sighed, leaning back on his chair.

"Nope. We are the prom" the teacher spoke, "Figgins asked us to perform" he smiled, walking towards the students to see their reactions. "Now, I know this isn't ideal with Nationals coming up, but we really don't have a choice. And we could really use the money. But I know prom is a special rite of passage, so I'm gonna make sure that all of you guys get a chance to enjoy the dance too"

The New Directions were slightly warming up to the idea, leaving only a few people who still weren't thrilled. When Mr. Schuester mentioned the word dates yet another time, Mercedes loudly sighed and stood up, excusing herself from Glee Club.

"Is she okay?" Florence worriedly asked, looking at the door Mercedes had exited through a few seconds ago.

"She doesn't have a date to the prom" Quinn aswered.

"I don't have a date either" Brittany and Florence said in perfect harmony. They both cocked their head to the side, an amazed smile on both their faces.

"I'll go talk to Mercedes" Kurt sighed, grabbing his vintage designer bag as he stood up.

"No, let me" Rachel said, stopping him in his tracks

Brittany hopped off her chair, taking a seat on the floor before Florence. "Florence, why don't we go to prom together?" She smiled, twirling with her hair as she stared up at her.

"Well... I wasn't planning on going" Florence mumbled,

"Yes, you were" Quinn coughed.

"I just found out that I am going. So if Sam doesn't mind I would be honored to go with you" She smiled, turning around to face her boyfriend.

"Well, I'm really not going, so you have my blessing" Sam replied, smiling brightly.

"Told you someone was going to ask you" Quinn whispered