original song

Regionals were just around the corner, and The New Directions were determined to win. Even though Sue was once again trying anything in her power to stop that from happening, the Glee Club was positive they were able to win.

After the cheerleading coach had made it impossible for the Glee Club to sing the song they were actually planning on singing, Mr. Schuester decided that their best shot at winning was if they wrote their own, original song.

"Alright guys, lets hear it for out first song writing seminar!" Mr. Shuester spoke, carrying a huge stack of books in his arms as he entered the Choir room, "While Quinn and Rachel are hard at work, we are gonna try to write an anthem of our own. Now, these are rhyming dictionaries for all of you" The teacher said, handing everyone a yellow book.

"Mr. Shue, Tina and I have already been working on a song that I wrote" Santana proudly announced

"Really?" Mr. Shuester spoke, happily surprised, "That's amazing! Can we hear it?"

Santana and Tina stood up, making their way to the middle of the classroom.

"This is a song I wrote for Sam" Santana spoke.

"Uh-oh" Sam sighed. He leaned closer to Florence, who was seated next to him and whispered something in her ear, "I might not have told her about us yet"

"Don't sweat it, how bad can this song be?" Florence smiled

"This song is called, Trouty Mouth"Santana said

Florence's eyes widened in shock. "Wait, what's it called?" Sam asked

Mike, who didn't seem to understand why Sam was asking it, leaned over to tell him the titel of the song again. Tina played a blues-like rhythm on the piano and Santana started singing. Before she was even two sentences in, most of the New Directions were already covering their faces to hide their laughter. The only ones that weren't enjoying the song that much seemed to be Sam and Florence. While Sam was just looking extremely uncomfortable, Florence -who knew Sam wasn't always happy with the way he looked- was softly whispering various insults in multiple languages Santana's way, while whispering compliments in sam's direction.

Everything seemed to be okay until Santana sang the line "I love sucking on those salamander lips" Sam covered his mouth with the dictionary he had just received and looked Florence's way for moral support. Florence completely misread the look he was giving her and stood up.

"Oh my God! Can you stop?" She yelled, her eyes shooting daggers at the Latina girl who didn't seem to have a clue her words made Sam unhappy.

"No, I can't. Sit down, I'm not done" Santana bitched

"Yes you are! Don't you see how uncomfortable he is?" Florence angrily spoke, aggressively motioning Sam's way.

"Why do you even care, dwarf?" Santana shouted

Sam seemed to realize the conversation was headed in the wrong direction and he quickly jumped off his chair, still shielding his face with the yellow dictionary. Because of the sight disadvantage the book was giving him, he failed to get to Florence in time.

"I'll tell you why I care! I care because Sam is my boyfriend. And unlike you, I actually care about his feelings!"

"Alright, who's got the popcorn?" Artie joke.

"He's your what?" Santana yelled, as the confident look she had had on her face just moments prior changed to a confused and angry one.

"He's my boyfriend" Florence repeated, "Now, if you don't mind, we will be going. I don't need you to insult him or me even more" Florence spoke calmly, yanking her bag from her seat and leaving the room. Before following her to the hallway, Sam made his way over to Santana.