mash off

authors note:

hi! i know this is new, the authors note at the start instead of the end of the chapter, but i just wanted to warn you that this chapter will be very much drama :) enjoy

"They were negative, I'm not pregnant" Florence whispered. Puck felt like his brains crashed for a moment, he stood still for a few seconds but quickly realised he was on stage performing.

"You're- wait" Puck cleared his throat, "Are you sure?" The boy with the mohawk muttered. He knew he was supposed to be happy about this news, and he would never tell Florence he wasn't , but something inside him made him feel disappointed and fairly sad.

The last notes of America sounded through the speakers and the audience started clapping but Puck didn't hear anything. It wasn't until Florence grabbed his hand that he realised he had to get off stage.

When Puck felt the girl's hand in his, it suddenly clicked. Now that there was nothing keeping Florence close to him, he was scared she was going to leave him. But he wasn't going to let that happen.

The voice of Sue Sylvester blasted through the Hummel-Hudson living room. All five family members were trying to enjoy their dinner as they watched the TV, which was hard considering the program that was currently on. "Burt Hummel. He's running for congress" The familiar voice spoke, "Last year, he had a heart attack. He might have had a heart transplant, and he might have got it from a baboon!"

"Okay. That's enough" Carol sighed. She quickly stood up and turned the TV off. Ever since Burt had decided to run for Congress, coach Sylvester --who was running for the same position, had done everything in her power to make sure Burt didn't win.

The next day, both Hummel siblings stood crossed armed in the woman's office. As they waited for the blonde to turn around a thought suddenly popped into Kurt's head. "Now that you aren't knocked up" He began.

Florence raised an eyebrow and slowly turned her head. "Subtle, as always" She muttered, "But go on"

"Now that you aren't... with a child" Kurt softly spoke, turning his head to see if this version of the words got a similar reaction.

Florence didn't say anything so he continued. "Have you had time to think about everything that's happening in the glee club? With the underdogs leaving, has it crossed your mind, given the way Mr. Schuester usually treats you?"

Before Florence got the chance to answer, Coach Sylvester turned around. As soon as she saw the teens standing in front of her, she sighed.

Kurt jumped straight to action and he started rambling. "What you're doing is appalling!" He began, "Do you know twenty percent of all voters now think our dad actually has a baboon heart?!"

Sue stopped dusting off her trophy and looked the young man in his eyes. "It's not personal, Porcelain, it's politics. Are politics are all about playing dirty. You should know, your squeaky-clean campaign for class president is getting a good old fashioned country shellacking" She spoke, referring to Brittany, who was also running for class president, and who was doing significantly better getting voters. The blonde girl had already promised robot teachers, drinking fountains filled with delicious beverages instead of the usual water and most importantly, she had declared Rachel unfit as president because she was still on Myspace.

"That's ridiculous" Kurt spat.

"This school is ridiculous" Florence mumbled, "I don't see why Brittany running for president would be so out of character for this place"