duets

✧❅chapter four❅✧

Mr. Shuester looked upset as he entered the choir room. The room was filled with happy voices from the New Directions members that were already in the room. Quinn was kissing up to Florence, hoping to get her to join the cheerios.

"Forget it. I"m not joining" Florence said for the sixth time that day. "Sue isn't even nice to me, she just wants me to join because I'm a good dancer"

"Alright...Lets gather around" Mr. Shuester spoke, a nervous undertone. For the first time ever, Florence was happy to hear him because it meant she didn't have to continue her conversation about the Cheerios. She noticed the tense look on her teachers' face, but after he forgot to pick her up when her dad was in the hospital, she really didn't care.

"Bad news guys. Puckerman's in juvie" He sighed. A wave of emotions went through the class at the sound of the news. Most people weren't surprised and a few of them just went on with their conversations.

"What did he do?" Quinn inquired, shaking her head in disbelief. She knew Puckerman wasn't the smartest guy, but she never pictured him to go to jail at only seventeen years old.

"He drove his mom's Volvo into the front of a convenience store and drove off with the ATM" Schuester replied, also still not believing what he just told the students.

"When is he getting out?" Rachel asked, her mind going straight to the upcoming sectionals. If the New Directions actually wanted to win, they would need as much members as possible.

"unknown" Mr. Schuester sighed, a tired look on his face as he leaned against the shiny black piano in the middle of the room.

"He might be the dumbest person on the planet, and that's coming from me" Brittany said, slight pride in her voice.

"Guys! Lets have some sympathy!" Mr. Shuester spoke. Puckerman might have done something stupid, but the way his friends talked about him behind his back didn't feel right to Schuester.

"Thats new" Florence huffed, receiving an angry look from her teacher. She didn't look away, instead she just smiled at him.

Finn was about the only one who was actually shocked about the news. "Sympathy? For a guy who put his own needs before the team? We need his voice! And his bad-boy stage presence!" Finn practically screamed

"We can't look at this as a crisis. It's an opportunity" Mr. Shuester sighed, a slightly happier look entering his face.

"For what? Further embarrassment and humiliation?" Mike sarcastically inquired,

"For welcoming our newest member... Sam Evans!"Mr. Schuester smiled. A blonde boy with a stack of astronomy books under his arm ran into the class at the mention of his name. Florence shot up when she saw the boy, rushing over to hug him. Sam opened his arms, a big smile plastered on his face.

Kurt shot Quinn a look. Santana also seemed to sense some sort of connection between the two and a smirk entered her face. "That's new" she whispered.

As Sam introduced himself to the class in a Sam kind of way, Quinn payed close attention to Florence, who's eyes had practically formed into hearts. The blonde shoved Kurt off his seat and sat down in his chair, creating a free seat next to Florence's.

Sam noticed the empty chair next to Florence and took a seat. Confused as to where Quinn went, but still still happy about the person who was currently seated next to her, Florence struck up a conversation with Sam, only to be interrupted by Mr. Shuester

Mr. Schuester explained this weeks assignment, duets to the class. The end of his explanation being the reveal of the prize the best duet would win, dinner for two at breadstix. Everyone started cheering and turning from side to side, hoping to find a duet partner. Sam turned to Florence. "I'm new here. Who do I sing with if I want to win?"