special education

"And that's why I like Jess better than Dean" Florence decided. She had binge watched Gilmore Girls with Sam  the night before. Sam accidentally mentioned the fact that he liked Dean better than Jess, and Florence had tried to convince him he was wrong ever since first period.

"Mr Schue, I have an announcement" Rachel spoke, entering the choir room right after Sam and Florence "I've selected the perfect moving ballad for Finn and I to sing to launch our performance at Sectionals" The girl proudly told the Glee Club

"Me first" Mr Schuester interrupted Rachel. The brunette seemed kind of annoyed by her teacher interrupting her, but she didn't do anything about it and took a seat. 

"Two thing" Mr. Schuester began "First, our competition at Sectionals are your classic stool choirs. Great voices, but they don't move" The class seemed somewhat relieved at the sound of that, so far it sounded like they had a chance at winning Sectionals. 

"Now if we're gonna beat them, we need to do what they can't do, dance. Which is why I've decided to feature Brittany and Mike Chang's sweet moves in our performance!" The teacher smiled, the two teens send each other a congratulating smile, exited about working together. 

"Wait, I don't get it. They're gonna dance in front of me while I sing my solo?"  Rachel questioned, resulting in both Quinn and Santana rolling their eyes. 

Florence raised her hand and Schuester pointed at her as a sign she could speak. "Are you aware I was a competitive dancer for seven years? Because every time there's a dance part in one of our performances the role goes to Brittany and Mike straight away, I know they are great dancers, but you never even ask me if I'm interested first"

"You aren't getting a solo for this competition, Rachel" Mr Schuester coldly spoke, "And Florence, I had something different in mind for you, not a dance part" he explained. The man switched his gaze towards the rest of his students as he made his next announcement. 

"I was thinking that the winners of our duets competitions would take the lead" He smiled. 

"What?" Sam looked up, lifting his head of Florence's shoulder.  Florence on the other hand, had a big smile on her face as she stared at the man in disbelief. 

Rachel, who was furious, stood up. "Ken and brunette barbie? Are you trying to throw this?" she yelled, motioning back and forth between Sam and Florence. 

"You used to be just sort of likable " Quinn began, "But now I pretty much feel like punching you whenever you open your mouth" She sighed, aggressively clicking her pen.

"Yes that... And my hair is technically auburn" Florence whispered into Sam's ear. He let out a soft laugh at the way she seemed so annoyed by such an irrelevant part of Rachel's rant

"Okay listen" Schuester spoke, trying his hardest to get the students attention. "I have talked the talk about everyone in here feeling special for over a year now, but frankly, I haven't walked the walk. I mean, we have a lot of talent here, and I'm gonna highlight it" The Spanish teacher smiled.

Rachel shoved Finn's shoulder in utter despair "Do something!" she whispered. Finn nodded and cleared his throat before speaking up. 

"I'm all for pumping up the team and making everyone feel special. But that's for practice. You don't take the star quarterback out right before the big game!" Finn spoke, earning aggressive, reassuring nods from his girlfriend.

"Easy to say when you are the star quarterback" Tina whispered. Multiple people agreed with her, sending a mix of whispers into the room. 

"This isn't just about me, this is about the team" Finn sighed.