audition

✧❅chapter one❅✧

"Up here! Come on, focus! Okay, hi! I'm Jacob Ben Israel with Glee's Big Gay Summer! All the dish you're dying to know!" JBI yelled into a microphone, his gaze set on the camera filing him. It was the start of yet another school year at McKinley High and the school's glee club members were already under fire.

Jacob approached his first victim of the year, shoving the microphone into the girl's face. "Rachel Berry, how do you respond to the rumors you are incredibly difficult to work with?" Jacob questioned.

Rachel looked incredibly annoyed, and was about to tell Jacob off. That's when she noticed there was a camera focussed on her, and her expression drastically changed within seconds.

Finn Hudson, who was by her side as they walked through the crowded halls of the school, decided to speak for Rachel as she was fixing her hair. He focussed his gaze onto the camera, looking down a little bit due to his height. "Well, as her boyfriend I can say that-

"We've been dating all summer!" Rachel interrupted him.  Also staring into the camera, the previously grumpy look on her face now replaced by a picture perfect smile.

Finn decided to finish his story and shifted his attention from his girlfriend back to the camera. "Rachel is what you call a controlist" Finn explained. Before he could say anything Rachel rudely interrupted him.

As Rachel continued talking about her many opinions, JBI's attention was no longer on her as he pointed the camera at a different Glee Club member. Kurt Hummel already saw Jacob hurrying his way and accelerated his stride in hopes of avoiding him, pulling the brunette girl next to him along.

"Kurt Hummel! Would you mind telling us who this hot piece next to you is? I didn't see her around last year, is she fresh meat?" Jacob asked, also walking faster to keep up with the two teens he was attempting to interview.

Kurt --who was trying his hardest to ignore everything Jacb said, couldn't help but roll his eyes at the comment the young man had just made. Unfortunalty, this didn't discourage him at all,  and JBI continued following him, his microphone in hand.

Eventually Kurt realized JBI wasn't going to stop following him. He came to a stop and turned around to face the camera. "This is my sister" he spoke, pointing at the girl next to him who was awkwardly tucking a piece of auburn hair behind her ear. "She isn't new to this school so I don't know why you suddenly care so much" Kurt sighed.

JBI's jaw practically dropped and a creepy smile appeared on his face. "If that's actually Florence Hummel, something drastically changed over the summer" he sighed into his microphone, staring into the camera.

Kurt had continued his walk, making his way to the boys restroom. Florence briefly contemplated following her brother inside, just to get away from JBI and his camera, but decided against is when the smell escaping the restroom.

"Florence" JBI began, focussing his attention on the younger Hummel sibling. "How do you feel about the rumors that go around about you being pregnant?" JBI questioned, shoving his microphone into Florence's face, eagerly awaiting the girl's answer.

Being completely caught off guard by the question, Florence turned around to look at the restroom door, hoping to see her brother walking out and saving her from JBI.

When the door remained closed, Florence sighed. "Uhm... As far as I know, I'm not pregnant... I'd be totally okay if someone wants to send me baby shower gifts tho"

The door behind Florence opened at last. Saving his sister from any other weird questions, Kurt walked out of the restroom.

As soon as he noticed JBI hadn't left, Kurt manned up, as much as that was possible for him, and he took a deep breath, annoyance taking over his face as he closed the door behind him.