born this way (part two)

"Alright, guys. Listen up" Mr. Schuester spoke, clapping his hands to get the students' attention. "You all did really good this week. It was tough, but I think we came closer as a team, and I'm proud of you. And now, I'd like to be the first one to show off my custom shirt, revealing something I was self-conscious about in the past, something I was born with. Something I've come to accept about myself this past week"

Mr. Schuester turned around, unbuttoning his vest. He spun around, revealing a white shirt with butt chin written on it in black letters. The New Directions applauded and smiled at the sight of their proud teacher.

"I like your chin, Mr. Schue" Mercedes smiled.

"Yeah" Tina agreed "I would've gone with tears up a lot" she added

"Is everyone here?" Mr. Schuester asked, looking around the auditorium.

"Not everyone" a voice spoke. Rachel walked onto the stage "I wanted to thank you guys for my Barbra-vention, and I have an announcement to make. I went to my doctor and... cancelled my appointment" She proudly announced.

"And then I went home and I made this" she continued, also revealing a white shirt with black letters, only hers had nose written on it.

"So unfortunately I can't join in on today's dance number. My doctor said I have to stay away from vigorous choreography while my nose heals. So thanks for being patient, and Finn, next time, watch out for the schnoz" Rachel smiled

"Where is Santana?" Artie questioned

"Probably somewhere making out with Karofsky" Florence sighed.

"Hit it!" Mr. Schuester said.

As the New Directions walked to the stage, Florence zipped her hoodie open. "Mommy Issues?" Sam read.

"Yup. I know it's technically not something I was born with, but it's something that had a big impact on my life, something I've been insecure about, and it's probably the reason I became friends with Quinn" she smiled. "What does your shirt say?"

Sam opened his hoodie, showing Florence his white shirt that read trouty mouth in black letters.

Florence looked up to smile at Sam, "You're my trouty mouth, though"

"Kids! Dinner is ready!" Carol yelled from the bottom of the stairs.Kurt neatly put the Teen Vogue he was reading onto the pile of magazines beside his bed. He quickly checked his hair in the mirror and walked into the hallway.

"Get Flo and Sam too, will you, dear?" Carol added

"On it" Kurt yelled. He walked back a little and opened his sister's door. The two teens seemed to not have heard the yelling, and were busy making out on Florence's bed. Kurt let out a high-pitched scream and grabbed the nearest object -in his case a stuffed animal- he hurled the object away, right onto Florence and Sam. The two broke apart and Florence rolled her eyes.

"A simple hello would do the trick too, you know" she sighed, hopping of the bed. As the teens walked downstairs, they saw Finn and Burt already at the table, discussing something football related.

"Why don't you a take a seat way over there" Florence spoke, pointing Kurt to one side and pulling Sam with her to the other end of the table.

"Remember when you cried about me a few hours ago? I miss that" Kurt dryly spoke. Carol sat down between Finn and Burt, smiling brightly.

"Welcome back Sam, we always love to have you" Carol smiled

"Thanks, I like coming here" Sam politely replied

"That's not the only thing he likes" Finn whispered. Sam shot him an angry look and Kurt tried his best to hold in his laughter despite the angry looks Florence was sending him.

"What are you talking about?" Burt asked, his mouth stuffed with mashed potatoes.

"Charming, dad" Florence whispered. She quickly tried to come up with a new subject to distract Finn and Kurt from the current one, but it was too late. 

"I'm talking about Florence and Sam" Finn smiled

"Dude!" Sam sighed, shooting Finn an obviously warning look, which he ignored. 

"What about them?" Carol smiled.

"Well since you asked... Florence, do you want to weigh in here?" Finn smirked. Florence shot him an angry look before taking a deep breath. Carol and Burt both looked very confused.

"Dad, Carol... The reason I have been spending so much time with Sam lately isn't because we're friends, I mean, we are" Florence mumbled, shooting angry towards her two brothers whose childish giggling distracted her.

"But Sam and I aren't- Kurt! Finn! May I speak you two in private?" Florence yelled.

"No thank you" Finn and Kurt spoke in union. Florence was usually very good with words, and now that she wasn't, they found it quite amusing. 

"Honey, what is it you want to tell us?" Burt smiled. He looked around the table to see if anyone

"Flo and Sam are totally banging each other, that's what" Finn laughed

"Dude!" Sam yelled. Florence slid so far down in her chair that only the top of her head was visible.

"For the record, we are not banging each other" Sam said, blushing like crazy as he tried his best to salvage the situation. "What Florence was trying to say is that we like each other, and we've been dating for a few weeks now"

"Yes!" Carol yelled. Florence's eyes peeped over the edge of the table and she furrowed her eyebrows.

"Dammit" Burt smiled, grabbing his wallet from his back pocket. He smiled when he saw the confused look on his daughter's face. "Carol and I made a bet" he explained, motioning towards Florence and Sam, "After our wedding, Carol asked me if I knew what was going on between the two of you. I thought you were just friends, she thought differently, so we made a bet. And now, I lost, so I owe her fifty bucks"

"I think you two are a really cute couple" Carol smiled. Florence send her smile back as she sat up straight again.

"I agree with Carol" Burt spoke, "It was about time you started dating again. Let's just enjoy dinner now, okay?"

Everyone at the table seemed to agree and they restarted their dinner. It was silent for a good minute before Sam's head shot up "Again?" He mumbled, "What do you mean by that?"

"He's talking about Puckerman" Finn explained, completely oblivious to the fact that his sister was aggressively shaking her head.

"What about him?" Sam asked

"Florence and Puck briefly dated last year, dating probably isn't even the right word. They made out twice and then Florence found out he had impregnated her best friend, so she stopped seeing him" Kurt explained.

"Puck... As in Noah Puckerman? From school?" Sam laughed, turning to Florence. "You never told me this!" he said, a huge smirk on his face.

Florence covered her face with her hands and slid back down into her chair "Just let me know when desert is ready, okay?"

Authors note:

Hi!

This was by far the longest chapter(s) I've ever written, I probably said that before, but this is really the longest one, if you put part one and two together it has over 5000 words, I liked writing it though. If you've come this far, thanks! I hope you like the story so far :)

Don't forget to tap the pretty star <3