195

Chapter 195: Successfully Infuriating Her Step Mother

The luxurious Mu residence was exquisitely decorated, making it look even more splendid.

Countless flowers and champagne were placed from the door to the main hall. The moment the guests entered, it felt as though they were in a sea of flowers.

There were a lot of guests and everyone was chatting.

However, it was completely quiet in an exquisite building in the backyard.

"My dear daughter, are you ready?" Zhang Man sat on the couch looking at the newest bracelet on her wrist.

"All set, Mom." Mu Xiao's voice came from upstairs.

Mu Xiao came downstairs dressed in a couture gown by Clover. It was a custom-made pink strapless dress and looked absolutely stunning. Its wide skirt was embellished with countless rhinestones and looked dazzling under the light.

Mu Xiao always looked frail and sickly, but her pale complexion was concealed by makeup today. The diamond tiara on her head made her gorgeous.

Zhang Man raised her head and scrutinized her daughter before she nodded satisfactorily. "You look pretty. It was well worth the long wait for this custom-made couture dress. It sure brings out your beauty."

She had invited everyone in high society tonight.

More importantly, Li Ming was coming as well.

She had to ensure that Mu Xiao got successfully engaged to Li Ming.

"Have you contacted Young Master Li? What time is he coming?" Zhang Man stood up and walked over to Mu Xiao and helped her straighten out her necklace.

"I will call him now."

Please reading- on MYB0 X N O VEL. COM

The moment Mu Xiao finished her sentence, her phone rang. Li Ming was calling her.

Mu Xiao answered the phone, but Li Ming sounded annoyed.

"How could your mother invite Mu Sheng?" Li Ming sat in the car as he looked at the silhouette at the entrance and frowned hard.

"Mom said that Big Sis is family, so we ought to invite her over since we are holding such an important event." Mu Xiao pursed her lips and could not tell what Li Ming was thinking.

Li Ming sounded furious. "Did you invite her so that she could make trouble at the banquet?"

"Let me talk to my mother about it and tell Mu Sheng to leave then?" said Mu Xiao as she looked at Zhang Man.

"Hang on." Li Ming's eyes lit up as a plot rose in his mind. "Let Mu Sheng in, but don't let her enter the main hall. Keep her in the side hall."

"Okay." Mu Xiao was preoccupied, so she agreed right away without giving it any thought.

After hanging up the phone, Mu Xiao told Zhang Man about Li Ming's request. Zhang Man did not object. "Enough. Forget about her and go welcome Young Master Li."

"Okay, Mom."

Mu Xiao noticed people looking in amazement, but she realized they were not looking at her when she got to the entrance.

She looked in the same direction and spotted Mu Sheng standing at the door quietly.

Everyone was luxuriously dressed for the banquet, but Mu Sheng came in casuals and light makeup. However, she stole everyone's attention effortlessly.

A look of envy swept across Mu Xiao's eyes. Mu Xiao was playing home court today, so she could not let the guests notice anything amiss. She composed herself and smiled as she walked over to Li Ming.