10

CHAPTER 10: Mu Sheng Sabotages the Talent Agent

Mu Sheng curled up on the couch and slept until the night since the temperature was perfect and the blanket was warm and made her sleepy.

Li Hanchen was sitting on the couch nearby looking at some documents.

In reality, he had another important meeting today, but he inexplicably felt reluctant to leave now that their room felt warm and pleasing.

Mu Sheng moved on the couch and the wooden blanket slipped.

Li Hanchen raised his eyes and glanced at her before lowering them again.

However, he stood up half a minute later to walk up to Mu Sheng and pulled up the blanket to place it on her.

Mu Sheng looked completely different when she was asleep. The coldness on her face had disappeared, and she looked soft and warm. Li Hanchen could not help looking at her flawless face.

Mu Sheng's eyes moved, so Li Hanchen veered his eyes, put down the woolen blanket, and sat back down.

"What time is it?" Mu Sheng opened her eyes and saw Li Hanchen going through documents.

"It's 8:00 pm."

"I see." Mu Sheng sat up with the woolen blanket wrapped around her shoulders. "Is there anything to eat?"

"Auntie Li saved you dinner."

"Then I'm heading down to eat. I'm a little hungry," said Mu Sheng as she stood up and headed out.

Li Hanchen's hand moved slightly as he held a pen, but he ended up saying nothing.

***

Ruan Yingying had been making headlines on Weibo these past two days.

Everyone looked forward to the program when they found out the feminine Ruan Yingying was unexpectedly a skiing expert.

Ruan Yingying was the main artist that Talent Scout Entertainment was marketing this year, and the company had hoped she would become a superstar.

A well-thought-out marketing strategy was done for the show. They started by promoting Ruan Yingying as a provincial athlete before using Mu Sheng to make Ruan Yingying look good. Finally, they would market Ruan Yingying as a kind and loving bandleader.

Ruan Yingying would end up becoming a ski expert who was good-natured and thoughtful to her band members.

They had spread the ski photos all over the internet in the last two days.

Tonight, posts would be made online to compare Ruan Yingying and Mu Sheng.

[Ruan Yingying is multi-talented and even won the role as the female lead in Director Yang's latest project. I don't understand why Sunny didn't become a hit with such a brilliant bandleader.]

[Isn't it obvious? Although Su Tao and Chen Jiao are average, they are passable. Look at Mu Sheng. She is burdening the entire band. The only thing she is good at is being bossy.]

Similar posts were made online everywhere, accompanied by screenshots of Mu Sheng doing badly on programs and burdening the band.

Since the paid posts were done by people with a lot of clout, they swiftly caused an online furor when they were released.

[Tsk tsk tsk. Even non-fans feel sorry about Ruan Yingying when it comes to Mu Sheng. What wrong did she commit in her past life to get dragged down by Mu Sheng? I hate to say this, but she should go solo ASAP.]