02

CHAPTER 02: Competing with a Champion Skier

Mu Sheng had learned how to ski for the sake of Li Ming, but she was a fool who could not tell snowboards and skis apart. It was as clear as day that Ruan Yingying wanted someone to make her look good.

However, her ruse was going to fail badly today.

The new Mu Sheng loved to ski. Also, she had come in champion in several skiing competitions.

Ruan Yingying imperceptibly frowned when she saw how calm Mu Sheng was. Something was amiss with Mu Sheng today.

The ski resort consisted of the professional course and the recreational course.

Despite being a provincial-level competitive skier, that was all in the past seven to eight years ago. Since Ruan Yingying was out of practice, she was only considered an amateur.

Hence, the film crew chose to use the recreational ski track to be safe.

"Are you ready?" A camera was set up at the bottom of the slope.

Ruan Yingying waved to indicate she was all set.

In a second, Ruan Yingying bent her knees slightly, used her feet to control the direction of her skis, leaned into the slope, and gained speed.

Although Ruan Yingying was out of practice, her foundation was still there.

Ruan Yingying's black hair fluttered in the wind. Even though she usually had a gentle image, she was still beautiful with this somewhat contrasting sporty air.

Since Ruan Yingying did not warm up properly, her legs started to cramp after she did a 180-degree flip, so she slowed down and stopped.

"I hope that was okay." Ruan Yingying smiled at the camera gently.

"It was fantastic! You certainly live up to your name as a provincial-level competitive skier. You are still as good."

"Uh huh. Yingying, you are too modest."

Ruan Yingying's skiing was amazing compared to an average person, so everyone circled her as they exclaimed excitedly.

Ruan Yingying lowered her head shyly when everyone praised her. She looked at Mu Sheng by the side. "Sheng, why don't you give it a go?"

"Okay." Mu Sheng smiled before she turned to walk away.

"Where is she going?" The film crew hurriedly gestured for the cameraman to follow her.

"What's she doing? It's just skiing, right? Even if she can't ski, she can't just leave. It is such an embarrassment for our band," muttered Chen Jiao in her heart.

To everyone's surprise, Mu Sheng had not left the filming location. Instead, she went over to the professional obstacle course by the side.

Everyone was puzzled. What was Mu Sheng doing?

The moment Mu Sheng reached the course, an employee stopped her. "Miss, this is a professional facility and might be too hard for you. Why don't you use the recreational track over there instead?"

The film crew had followed behind Mu Sheng.

The film crew suppressed his fury. Mu Sheng was not only late, but she also delayed the filming by making trouble. "Mu Sheng, get over here. Stop holding us up!"

Mu Sheng turned around and asked, "Director, didn't you ask me to ski?"

"Do you know where you are standing?" Chen Jiao stepped forward and looked at Mu Sheng in contempt. "Who do you think you are?"