110

CHAPTER 110: Dispel Li An's Greatest Fear

Li Hanchen turned to put on the seat belt for her in the most natural manner after Mu Sheng got into the car. He retrieved a candy from his coat pocket, unwrapped it, and placed it by Mu Sheng's mouth.

Since he had been feeding Mu Sheng a lot recently, she automatically opened her mouth and ate the candy.

Li Hanchen went back to his seat after he was done and placed his hands on the steering wheel before driving to the villa.

Auntie Lin stood beside Li An worriedly in the living room at the villa. "Young Master An, if you are upset, you can talk to Young Master about it. You can't just leave without saying a word. If you leave, he will get very worried."

Li An's hands halted as he packed his suitcase. A look of ridicule emerged on his face. "I am just a burden. Why would he be worried? Life will be so much easier for him without me around."

"Young Master An, how could you say that? How could you think that he doesn't care about you?" Auntie Lin did not know what to say.

She had spent the afternoon preparing dinner and even made Li An's favorite sweet and sour pork ribs.

Li An unexpectedly came home and started to pack. It seemed as though Li Hanchen and Li An had gotten into a fight and she did not know how to stop Li An from leaving.

"I'm going. Just tell my brother I'm gone." Li An carried his backpack and headed out with his suitcase. His eyes were completely red under his cap.

Auntie Lin followed behind Li An and wanted to stop him. Li Hanchen's car pulled up in the yard as she came chasing after Li An.

Auntie Lin looked like she had seen her savior as she waved anxiously and shouted, "Young Master!"

Li Hanchen gave off a powerful aura as he got off the car. Li An veered his eyes elsewhere and didn't dare to make eye contact.

Li Hanchen's eyes landed on Li An's suitcase and frowned. "Where are you going?"

Li An held the suitcase handle tightly and said stubbornly, "I am going back to the Li residence."

The moment Li An finished his sentence, he could keenly sense the atmosphere intensifying.

Auntie Lin looked at Li Hanchen before she looked at Li An. There was something on her tongue, but she shook her head and sighed as she headed back to the kitchen.

Li An lowered his head and looked at his shoes intently. He was hoping Li Hanchen would say something to keep him and also terribly worried Li Hanchen would not react. If Li Hanchen was happy to keep him around, Li An did not mind giving up his education if it meant he could live here.

Time passed by in complete silence. All he could hear was the wind gusting in the yard.

Li An felt completely disappointed.

Li An felt breathless from Li Hanchen's stares, so he finally raised his head and looked straight into Li Hanchen's eyes.

"The Li family is rich and powerful. I want to go back and enjoy the high life. I want to get driven around in posh cars and live in a luxurious villa! I don't want to live here in poverty! I don't want to live with you!"

Before Li Hanchen could react, Li An started to bawl.

It felt as though all the insecurity and doubt that Li An had been hiding in his heart finally gave way and exploded.

Li An wiped his tears as he pulled his luggage out teary-eyed. He glanced at Li Hanchen secretly and noticed how unperturbed his older brother was. Li An could not help feeling upset when it seemed as though nothing could move Li Hanchen.