04

CHAPTER 04: First Encounter

Mu Sheng had a chat with Qin Lei over the phone and took his offer to go for a trial.

Someone knocked on the door the moment she finished the call.

Mu Sheng opened the door to see Li An standing at her door with his pink hair and dressed in a T-shirt with skulls printed on it.

Mu Sheng looked down and saw Li An holding a bowl with some left in it.

Li An reluctantly held the bowl in front of Mu Sheng with his ears crimson. "I finished it."

Li An did not finish his sentence, but it was clear what he wanted.

He had finished breakfast, now would she talk to him?

Li An was young to begin with, so his pink hair made him look even younger. Mu Sheng found him cute as he stood there awkwardly.

Mu Sheng turned to walk out of the room. Li An glared at her. "Hey! How could you do that? I already finished my leftovers. How could you continue being so rude?"

"Come over. I will show you how to clear the level," said Mu Sheng as she headed to Li An's room.

"Huh? Okay!" Li An hurriedly followed behind her when he realized what she wanted to do.

An hour later, Li An looked at Mu Sheng with his eyes glinting, but he refused to admit how impressed he was.

"So that's how it's done. I did the same thing yesterday, but my hands were probably jittery from the coffee I drank. Thanks for reminding me how it is done."

Mu Sheng looked at the kid and found him hilarious. "I don't teach people for free."

"Huh?"

"You have to pay me for teaching you." Mu Sheng wanted to go out but she had no money in her bank account.

"Why are you so petty?" muttered Li An as he rummaged through his backpack. "Doesn't my brother give you an allowance?"

"Nope." The original owner of the body was abandoned by the Mu family and tossed to Li Hanchen as an insult by the Li family. Why would Li Hanchen give her money?

"That bad?" Li An was already biased towards Mu Sheng after seeing her mastery of the video game. His older brother was too much.

Li An split his $3,000 into two and gave Mu Sheng $2,000 while he left himself $1,000.

Mu Sheng headed out the door after Li An gave her the money. However, Li An called for her when she got to the door.

Li An split his $1,000 into half once more and generously gave Mu Sheng $500 more. "I have heaps of money. Since you don't have a dime on you, I will give you $500 more."

Mu Sheng did not refuse his offer. She took the money and headed out.

After Mu Sheng disappeared out the door, Li An's face crumpled.

"Sigh! There goes my pair of sports shoes!" Li An felt heartbroken and wanted to cry badly.

The door suddenly opened. Mu Sheng had come back just in time to see Li An's distorted face.

Li An promptly acted normal. "Are you going to take my remaining $500 as well?"

Mu Sheng glanced at him. "I'm going out. Want to come along?"

Qin Lei was buying her dinner at a hotel tonight. Since the kid was kind enough to give her $2,500, she wanted to bring him along to have a good meal.

"Where are you going? Who do you think I am? Do you think I'm the sort who takes orders?" Li An stubbornly refused to go.