156

Chapter 156: Mr. Li's Tenderness

It was as good as a slap on Cat Live's face when Tiger Shark released the announcement.

Tiger Shark was blatantly telling the world that they had stolen live telecasters from Cat Live, but Cat Live was powerless.

Cat Live's manager and all the employees wanted to pass out when they saw this.

Everyone felt this was just a prelude to Cat Live's eventual collapse.

If these were just small-time live telecasters, who were highly replaceable, it would not affect Cat Live badly if they quit in throngs.

However, Jiang Rou'er, Pumpkin, and Jiaojiao were main live telecasters from important categories and had a lot of loyal fans. The moment they left, their fans were bound to follow.

Tiger Shark had the backing of Li Group and it had money to burn. As it was, Cat Live was already having trouble keeping up with Tiger Shark this year.

Now that their most important live telecasters had decided to leave, it was as good as signing a death sentence on Cat Live.

After Tiger Shark made the announcement, a lot of small-time live telecasters also left.

Before long, many investors told Cat Live that they wanted to pull their investments out of the company.

In just a single afternoon, as many as 15 investors had called to terminate their contracts with Cat Live.

...

"Forget it." Cat Live's owner sat in the conference room as he leaned against the seat and waved at everyone exhaustedly. "I will get finance to settle the accounts. If you want to quit, now is the time. To be completely honest, we are dead ducks."

The atmosphere in the conference room became depressing.

Cat Live had been around for four years. The company had started out in an old house in the capital suburbs with only one computer until It became one of the biggest live telecast platforms around.

The company was established through everyone's painstaking efforts. They had such a hard time convincing the first batch of live telecasters to work for them. Some people even thought Cat Live was an MLM scammer, and they were reported to the police.

Continue_reading_on MYB0 X N0VEL. COM

The employees recalled the days they spent squatting by the roadside and eating buns with their shirts off, and they could not help sighing when they looked at the well-renovated conference room they were in now.

Was there really no hope?

Were they going to stand around and watch powerlessly as Cat Live and everything they had built got destroyed?

The operations manager recalled the black hole effect Mu Sheng had when it came to drawing in viewers and a thought crossed his mind. "Isn't Mu very popular? Do you think we can use him to keep our market share?"

The moment he brought up Mu, everyone looked annoyed.

"Don't even start. Even though he is very popular, we ended up like this because of him."

"Exactly. We thought he was going to be the future of Cat Live, but he ended up attracting so much trouble for us."

People kept sighing in the conference room, but the owner waved his hand. "Enough. This isn't Mu's fault. We were to blame for not steering the company properly. We didn't stop to reflect on the risks we took and got cocky. Never mind. It is too late to talk about this now."