08

CHAPTER 08: Finally Capable Of Showing Concern

The production team for "Every Day Is an Inspiration" had already finished editing the short clip for the episode when they received the call. The film crew told the director what Yang Tao wanted. His first reaction was, "Are they crazy? Or do they think we are nuts?"

Other programs had been outperforming the show in viewership all year. Now that they finally had such a brilliant highlight, they could not give it up.

"Tell him that we can't cut her out of the show," replied the director. The film crew swiftly told Yang Tao about it.

"We don't mind forking out money to get Mu Sheng removed from the show. We are willing to shoulder the loss!" Yang Tao went all out.

He had been grooming Sunny for almost a year. Now that he had finally turned Ruan Yingying into the iconic bandleader using her talent in singing and dancing, she was about to embark on a career in the film industry and even won the lead role in Director Yang's next project.

She was gradually turning into a superstar, so nothing could go wrong at the turning point of her career.

The film crew was slightly stunned to hear this. How could the talent agent sabotage his own artist?

Although he was not close to Mu Sheng, he could not help feeling sad for this pitiful artist.

"Erm... I will tell the director about this. I'm in the middle of something, so I have to go." The film crew hung up the phone and rolled his eyes.

How could Yang Tao do that? How could he destroy Mu Sheng's career to save someone else? From an outsider's perspective, Mu Sheng was the most photogenic girl in the lot! She had a unique aura and was a stunning beauty. How could Yang Tao become a talent agent when he was so blind?

The director laughed angrily when he heard what Yang Tao said. "Does he want to pay for our loss? He's really talking big, isn't he? Is he capable of paying for it?"

The director had a lot of experience producing entertainment programs, so he knew how important highlights were. Mu Sheng's flawless skiing and unique aura were bound to become a real hit.

The director not only ignored Yang Tao's request but also told the production team, "Give Mu Sheng more airtime!

"Yup. Give her more closeups.

"Sigh! Just look at how pretty she is!"

On this fateful night, some people slept well, felt restless, or worked overtime.

A new day started as the sun shone down while birds twittered melodiously.

Mu Sheng slept until she woke up naturally without having to work in the laboratory 24/7.

She yawned leisurely as the sun shone down on her face before she pulled off the blanket and went to wash up.

Li An and Li Hanchen were already sitting at the dining table when she went downstairs.

Li Hanchen raised his head to look when Mu Sheng came downstairs.

Mu Sheng was dressed in a black wool jacket today with her hair scattered behind her. Her bright clear eyes looked cool and felt as though they were filled with dewdrops that had gathered at dawn.

"You're finally here. I'm famished." Li An looked sad and had been staring hard at the porridge in front of him.

"Did you wait for a long time?" Mu Sheng walked over and pulled out the chair.