The Sit Down 1

Soz it's slyly short.

****
Some people hate you because of the way others love you.

Tuesday 17th February 2015
Shantel had spent valentine's day with Kwame. She truly believed that what they had was something real. He was her new flame, someone who had filled a void that had been in her heart for many years. But when he had uttered those words "Rahh b, who said anything about a relationship?" he had truly broken the dispatched pieces of her already broken heart. At that point in time it truly hit her that she had been nothing but a quick beat, something to pass time with. She had thrown away what could have been true love all for him. In the process of her irrational thinking Shantel had broken Koffi. She could tell by the way he looked at her when she admitted cheating. She truly owed Koffi an apology.

So when Kwame had said that to her she knew she truly had to sort herself out. "Really Kwame. After all of this? You know what all of this needs to end."

"End what? Nothing even started for it to end. All it took was a couple compliments to slide through. Why the fuck would I want to wife a girl like you? Giving head in the toilets. I barely even know you yet you have done all those things with me. Why would I want a girl like you? Now get out my yard. You're pissing me off."

Shantel shook her head as tears slid down her face. She had left a guy who worshipped the ground she walked on for a guy who treated her like shit on his shoe. She quickly got dressed, collecting everything that she had ever left in his place; her hair products, clothes, the toothbrush she kept for the days she slept over, her makeup bag, toiletries and even a pair of air maxes she had left there when they had gone to a party together. She picked up her belongings and left.

Shantel sat at the bus stop crying hysterically. After all the two had been through Kwame had discarded her as if she was just a hoe. All the memories that they had made, from when he took her on the London Eye to when he had made pancakes for her and decided to be her chef for the day. All though it was never apparent to others Kwame and Shantel shared a friendship that was truly magical. Their 'situationship' was low key but their friendship wasn't. Above all Kwame was Shantel's friend. He had become someone she could confide in, so it was safe to say that it came as a shock that day when he spoke to her like that. It really stung to know he never felt the same way. He had discarded her like a used condom.

Shantel got on the bus to her house and sat by the window scrolling through Instagram. She was light heartedly scrolling through her tl when she came across a quote that truly struck her in the heart which said "When I saw you, I knew you'd be an adventure. An adventure is something unexpected, a journey with ups and downs. But despite that, I would love to explore this adventure with you." She quickly went on the page and scrolled through the many quotes when she came across another one "To be at peace means to be calm within yourself despite the chaos around you." but the last quote really stuck to her "Your happiness shouldn't depend on others. It's your happiness. It should depend on you."

At that moment Shantel decided to begin her journey of self discovery, self-actualization. Shantel decided that it was then that she would find her in inner peace and hopefully that would lead her to find happiness. She needed to right all her wrongs. She wanted to apologise to everyone she had hurt with her irrational actions and she would start today. Something had to give. She hated who she was becoming, Shantel was turning into the girl she had warned Jennifer not to turn into. Shantel did not want to be like Jennifer Pinkett.

Shantel got off the bus and made her way home. She was quite thankful her mother was not home but she truly owed her mother an explanation as well as an apology. She knew her mother had been worried sick. Shantel stripped off her dirty clothes and walked into her en suite bathroom and had a long awaited shower. Afterwards she got dressed and done her hair and makeup. Shantel messaged the first person she had to apologise to and then made her way to the little French cafe in the corner of the high street.
*
Asia sat in the cafe listening to My Way (remix) by Fetty Wap and Drake. She was dreading this sit down and was even contemplating leaving when Shantel came strolling in to their favourite table by fountain. "Oh so your alive?" she asked sarcastically as Shantel sat down.

Shantel sighed "Don't be like this Asia."

"Be like what? You fucking scared everyone? Your mother was at Melissa's crying her eyes out. We were all worried sick, I stayed up praying that my best friend was okay. I feared the worst. I thought you had been kidnapped but it's funny because you look perfectly fine. The least you could have done was let your mum know you were okay."

"Asia I am so sooo sorry I-"

The waitress came to their table
"Are you ready to order?" The little Asian woman asked

"Yeah errm can I have an oreo sundae please?" Asia asked politely

"And you madam?" The waitress asked turning to Shantel.

"The same please." she replied giving a tight lipped smile.

Asia's frown returned as the waitress left. "No you're not. You're probably coming from Kwame's or am I mistaken?"

Shantel was silent. Asia shook her head laughing an emotionless laugh "Wow you deadass have been at Kwame's." Asia looked at the 17 year olds young woman behaving like her old 14 year old self. "Look Shantel. I seriously don't have time for this. I thought you had changed but you clearly haven't. You're still the same sket I was defending in year 9 and it seems like sixth form has made you worse." Asia said as she got up to leave. She couldn't believe Shantel was still fucking with Kwame even though she was still with Koffi.

The waitress returned to their table with their oreo sundaes. "Thank you." Asia said smiling at the waitress.

As soon as the waitress left Shantel grabbed Asia's hand. "Asia please, hear me out, you're the only friend I have." Asia's heart dropped as she looked at her friend who was clearly in her feelings. She sat down staring intently at her best friend.

"Speak then."

"I broke up with Koffi."

"And that makes it any better?"

"I've stopped fucking with Kwame."

This caused Asia to scoff "Bredrin. You just came from his yard."

"Look Asia I am sorry. I'm trying to find peace with myself and I won't be able to do that if I have this weighing on my conscience. Look I knew how you felt about Kwame and how he felt about you. I hated the chemistry you too had, the way he looked at you. I was jealous because...well me and Koffi didn't have that anymore. Kwame is peng and I wanted him...so I took him. I figured that if we started fucking he would forget about you but he didn't."

Asia sat silently, processing the bullshit that had spilled from Shantel's mouth. This girl was supposed to be her best friend, Asia rode for this girl. Asia was the definition of a ride or die and she was pissed the fuck off that Shantel had done such a thing.

"You fucking bitch!" Asia yelled as she dashed the oreo sundae in her face.

"Asia I am sorry." Shantel pleaded

"Nahh fuck this. Shantel I am fucking tired. I AM TIRED!! I AM TIRED OF BEING PLAYED!! Why the fuck do you think it is okay to mistreat my kindness!!"

"Asia I am so sorry. I wish I could take it all back, I didn't mean to hurt you."

That statement infuriated Asia "The funk you mean you didn't mean to hurt me? How was going after the guy I liked not going to hurt me? Does that make sense? Nah it doesn't. Fuck you Shantel, Fuck Kwame, Fuck Ethan and all you dumb pricks at Xavier's. I'm so over all you stupid people at Xavier's." Asia yelled as she walked out of the cafe.

Angrily, Asia stormed down the high street walking back to Arielle's yard to vent when she got a call from the devil himself. Kwame. She answered ready to give Kwame a piece of her mind.

"Baby I am sorry." Kwame's deep voice rumbled through the phone.

"Who's your baby Kwame? Not me. Fuck you. I don't even want to hear you out. Don't fucking call me, chat to me, sit next to me, touch me, smile at me or even breathe the same fucking air as me. I'm so over all you man at Xavier's. You're all pricks. I thought you was different but you're just a fuckboy like the rest." Asia said before hanging up.

She was irate because he claimed to be her best friend, sold her dreams and ting but these times he was fucking her other best friend. Naah. She was not having it. Asia was so over everyone at Xavier's and was going to show people the true meaning of the silent treatment.
***