39.

• Lloyd Hansen. 7:32 am. September third (1 year later). Boston •

"Alright sweetie you got your backpack and mommy has her phone to take a picture of you." I said.

Delilah came out in a backpack and her favorite dress. Her mom did her hair.

"Alright baby. Stand in front of the door and smile." Rowan said. She stood in front of the door and smiled big.

"Alright daddy go stand by Lila." She said. I squatted down and Lila wrapped her arms around me. I smiled for the picture with my kid.

"Alright. Thank you." She said.

"You ready li?" I asked her as I held her hands. She nodded eagerly.

"Come on mommy we're going we're gonna go." She said. She held my hand, as well as Rowan's.

I knew today was hard for Ro. Her daughters first day of kindergarten.

Rowan helped delilah into her car seat before getting into the passenger seat. I got into the drivers seat and got ready to go.

"You ready Li?" I asked her. She gave me two thumbs up.

"Atta girl." I said.

She giggled. Rowan smiled to herself as she looked out the window.

I held her thigh as we left for the school. She looked over at me, smiling.

I rubbed her thigh as I drove. Lila hummed to the radio.

I smiled as I drove. I was gonna take my wife out for coffee after this. She needed something.

We got to the school. I parked and we all got out and moved to Delilah's class.

Once we were there rowan squatted before her daughter.

"Be nice. Do not use daddy's potty mouth. Be good." She said.

"Okay mommy." She said. Lila kissed her moms forehead.

Rowan smiled softly. She stood up.

"I love you Li bear." She said.

"I love you too mommy. And don't worry." She said.

"Bye bub. Have fun." I said. She smiled.

"I will." She said. She pulled me down and kissed my cheek. I smiled.

"Okay. Go. We don't want you to be late. But if you are for gods sakes be a Hansen and make it fashionable." I said.

"Daddy Ive got it down. I'm Delilah Hansen." She said.

"Hell yeah baby." I said. I kissed her head. "Have fun."

She waved bye before going into her classroom. I looked at Rowan as she smiled softly.

"Okay we gotta go before I'm gonna sob in the middle of a school hallway and I haven't done that since eleventh grade." She said.

"Honey." I said and held her hand. I laughed softly.

She held my arm with her free arm as we walked out of the school.

"Want coffee?" I asked.

"I need a shopping run too." She said.

"Oh deal." I said.

• • •

After coffee, brunch, and a whole lot of clothes shopping for rowan, which ended up just being clothes for Delilah and I, school was over. It was time to go pick up our girl.

Rowan and I got out of the car once we were at the school. We waited outside for her class to come out for pickup.

Once she saw us she immediately ran over. I knelt down and pulled her into a hug.

Rowan knelt down too. She moved onto her mom.

"How was your first day?" Rowan asked as she picked her up. I signed the sign out sheet and we left.

"Oh my gosh mommy it was amazing we did crafts and read and we had snack and you packed me a lunchbox mommy I'm a big girl!" She blabbed.

I laughed lightly as I got the door. Rowan buckled our kid in.

Once she was ready I shut the door. I kissed Rowan's cheek before going to my side. She got into the car.

"Mommy there is a playground!! Can you believe it?! Holy shit." She said.

"Delilah Caroline no potty mouth!" Rowan said. She giggled. I couldn't help but smile.

"Lloyd James do not smile." She said. I chuckled and took a sip of my coffee as we drove home.

"I love school." Lila said. I smiled softly.

"Good to hear babe." I said to her. She smiled wide.

• • •

"So do I have school everyday now?" Delilah asked as I tucked her in.

"Yes." I said.

"Awesome." She said. I smiled and kissed her head.

"Night night daddy." She said.

"Goodnight babe." I said. I shut off the light and closed her door before heading to our room.

I found rowan drying her face in the bathroom. I stood in the doorway and smiled at her.

She set the towel down and smiled through the mirror.

"She go down?" She asked.

"Yes. She's obviously tired from today," I said.

She smiled, going over and kissing me softly. I kissed her lips and smiled.

She wrapped her arms around my neck, playing with the hair behind my head. I held her waist tightly.

She pulled away and smiled at me. I pecked her lips again.

"We should watch another episode of that crime episode." She said.

"I'm literally technically a criminal why do you wanna watch these?" He asked.

"Well you've changed, I've fixed you, and it doesn't matter you're not a serial killer. I hope." She said. I rolled my eyes.

• • •

Rowan ended up falling asleep. Her head on my chest as I had my arms around her. I loved nights like these.

To think that my life changed from one mission. From a mission with a girl who hated me to this? Wow.

I kissed my wife's head before laying back with her. I turned off the tv and cuddled in with her.

"I love you rowan" I whispered. "Always will."

THE END