24.

• Lloyd Hansen. April twenty-sixth. 2:43 pm. Croatia •

I sat in my office. I didn't want to see them when I came in.

Rowan came into my office. Fuck they're here.

"Come on." She said. I sighed and got up. She grabbed my hand and held it as we walked out.

"You're okay. They're in the dining room. They seem excited." She said.

"Okay." I said. We walked down the stairs and over to the dining room.

And then I saw them. The two sisters that I grew up taking care of.

Rowan let go of my hand.

Oh my god.

They both looked at me. They stood up.

Corrine had beautiful curly brown hair. Sasha had blonde wavy hair. They looked like they did when they were kids. When we were kids.

"Umm. Hi." I said.

They both looked at each other before back at me.

They both ran over and hugged me. Nothing before had felt so needed.

They both buried their faces in each side of my neck as they hugged me. I hugged them back tight.

They pulled away.

"Your mustache is ugly." Corrine said.

Rowan laughed as she poured some wine for the four of us.

"Thanks." I said. I looked at Sasha. I looked down and saw a baby bump.

"I- umm."

"I'm due in three months. First one too." She said. "Uncle lloyd sounds cute."

I chuckled and led them to sit down. I sat with them as rowan divided the wine. She sat next to me, kissing my cheek before she sat down.

"So. Umm." Corrine said.

"Look. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have left but I had to get away from mom and dad and I wasn't thinking about you two." I said.

"We managed. And we got it. I mean Sasha's having a baby with her husband, I'm getting my doctorate. We're doing pretty good. See I just can't take you seriously with this mustache you look like grandpa."

"Try kissing him." Rowan muttered. I rolled my eyes.

"So lloyd. You own this place?" Sasha asked.

"Yeah. I uhh. I got kicked from the cia. Then I started my own private business for people that needed jobs done."

"So you're like dad." Corrine asked.

"Yes but no. I mean I used to be worse. And then I met rowan." I said.

Rowan looked up from her glass and smiled.

"So how did you two meet?" Sasha asked.

"Do tell rowan." I said.