Chapter 81-85

Xu Le searched through the shopping bags and looked at the tabasco peppers inside. He thought to himself, “I miscalculated. I forgot that these kids probably can’t eat spicy food.”

Therefore, he could only replace the peppers with something that was more fragrant and less spicy. Fortunately, he had instructed Lu Yuxi to buy some dried bell peppers.

Lu Yuxi continued with her repetitive action of peeling the potatoes. “Aren’t you a kid too?”

“…”

Xu Le thought to himself, ‘I’m the same age as you. How can I compare to a bunch of kids?’

He picked up a steel pot, heated it up, and poured some bell peppers into it. Then, he broke open two aniseeds and added a suitable amount of fennel, cumin granules, and green peppers.

He switched to low heat and continuously stir-fried the ingredients with a spatula.

“Cough cough cough…”

There was no fume hood there. As Lu Yuxi stood at the side, the wind was blowing in her direction. It was as if he was done on purpose, and she could barely open her eyes.

She could only change her position and rebuked, “Xu Le, you did it on purpose!”

“I don’t have the ability to control the wind direction… cough cough.”

At the end of his sentence, the wind suddenly changed direction and he also started to cough.

Very quickly, the fragrance of dried bell peppers drifted throughout the school. At this moment, everyone only had two or three cards left in their hands.

Smelling the fragrance of the chili, they all turned to look for the source of the fragrance.

After stir-frying the spices, in order to avoid overcooking them, he immediately scooped them out when he saw that the color of the chili had darkened and was about to turn brown.

There was even a thoughtfully prepared shredder for everyone in the cabinet at the school. Xu Le poured the chilies into the shredder, together with the cooked peanuts and sesame seeds that he had bought, and began to grind them.

The shredder on the side continued to whir loudly. Xu Le’s pot of oil was almost 50% boiling and was emitting white smoke.

Lu Yuxi stood by the stall and waved her hand to get the onlookers to stay away, lest they get splashed by the oil.

After the oil was heated up to 50%, Xu Le turned to low heat and poured the potatoes into the pot. After two minutes of deep frying, he looked at his watch, it was exactly 120 seconds.

He immediately fished out the potatoes with a strainer and placed them aside to remove the oil.

He had timed it just nice. The potatoes were cooked and the chili noodles in Lu Yuxi’s shredder were ready. When he opened the lid, the spicy fragrance wafted over.

A few spices were used to make the chili powder fragrant but not spicy. It tasted numb but did not sting.

He poured the chili powder on the surface of the potatoes, poured out the oil in the pot, and continued to heat up the remaining oil.

“Cut some garlic and onions.”

“Okay.”

Ever since Lu Yuxi and Xu Le stayed under the same roof, she would watch him cook from time to time. Her culinary skills had also unknowingly improved.

Seeing Lu Yuxi holding the knife clumsily, Xu Le said, “Have you ever cut vegetables before?”

“Even if I’ve never eaten pork, but wouldn’t I have seen a pig run?”