Chapter 59: Live Judges Begin Scoring

The situation in the venue suddenly became chaotic. The emcee shouted a few words of “Please be quiet”, but it did not stop their protests.

The live-stream also became extremely lively. On the bullet screen, there was a crowd of onlookers who wanted to watch the show.

[It should be a script arranged beforehand, right?]

[An eight-year-old child. Why is he everywhere? He must have a supporter backing him.]

[Hurry up and start fighting!]

[Do you think they will raise pots and pans to hit people?]

[You are thinking too much.]

Suddenly, everyone in the camera calmed down. The director turned the camera to the judges’ seats.

It turned out that the judge sitting in the middle had stood up. The old man wore a luxurious coat with his silver hair tied up. He had a refined and dazzling bearing.

He explained in a low voice, “Millions of viewers are watching, yet you still insist on forcing us to reveal the reason. Then I’ll tell you, if you use immoral methods to compete in the competition, you will be removed from the list.”

...
The boss of ‘Take It Slowly’ became anxious and came forward, saying, “When did we use immoral methods!”

“Just now, before the competition started, you secretly hid the child’s ingredients and changed them into low-quality ones. Do you dare to say that you didn’t?”

As the old man spoke, he shot a glance at the backstage. The main director supported his chin with one hand and nodded helplessly at the staff. “Go ahead and play it.”

The recording of the surveillance cameras suddenly appeared on the big screen. The scene was in an uproar.

In the recording which had the audio playing, the chef of ‘Take It Slowly’ was seen to be looking around furtively. He even deliberately played dirty while Xu Le was not present.

They were hoping to get lucky. After all, in such a serious occasion, every minute and second was broadcast live, so it was impossible for them to personally investigate such an insignificant matter. But who knew that Old Master Song would come that day?

He was the main investor of the entire show, the judge with the most authority, not one of the most, but “the most”.

Old Master Song was born into a family of imperial chefs. When he was young, his great-grandfather had even been a royal chef in the palace. As a result, he had been influenced from a young age and was extremely picky and strict with the dishes. To be precise, after so many seasons of the competition, almost no dishes could enter his eyes.

This was also the reason why the main director didn’t dare to offend him. He knew that the boss of ‘Take It Slowly’ had lost face and would cause a conflict in the future. However, with Old Master Song around, no one dared to mess around immediately.

After they left the venue.

The competition continued. The dish in front of Xu Le was a combination of mutton and fish meat. It was steamed and roasted, and the craftsmanship was complicated. It could only be completed within the time limit if five or six people were working together.

The judges tacitly let Old Master Song have a taste first. Seeing his expressionless face, they started eating.

The fish meat was overcooked and had completely lost its freshness, while the mutton was only half cooked. If the two ingredients were brought out alone, it wouldn’t taste too bad, but when placed together, it was hard and overcooked, and the sauce was too sour. It was a complete mess.