Chapter 55: Temporarily Closed for Business? Producing a Lost Dish!

Previously, the system’s mission was to let him win the competition. This time, it only asked him to enter the top three. Xu Le’s intuition told him that this competition would be tougher than the previous one.

When the invitation card arrived, he immediately booked a flight to Beijing.

Before closing for the night, he hung a ‘temporarily closed for business’ sign on the eight-year-old cafeteria. The last customer was an Internet celebrity who seemed to weigh two to three hundred pounds. He was tall and stood in front of Xu Le like a small mountain.

He was praising the food in the restaurant in the live-stream. “My friends, next time when you come to Shanghai, you must eat their Oil Doused Noodles and Pork Flatbread! It’s even more authentic than the local ones. This spicy flavor is fragrant and refreshing. If you don’t try it once, you’ll never feel complete in your life.”

Xu Le took off his apron while cleaning the place. When he heard this, he could not help but feel excited.

The dishes in the restaurant were just like the works that he had painstakingly presented. In his eyes, they were no different from the works that were displayed in art exhibitions. If the creator could hear his works being praised in front of others, of course he would be happy!

The host bit off half of the Pork Flatbread in one bite and said with delight, “The outer skin is crispy, and the ratio of fat and lean meat inside is just right. Mmh~ The little Boss also added a spoonful of sauce when it was ready to be served, so the flavor is rich. The more you eat, the more fragrant it is.”

He ordered everything in the store and now he was almost finished.

...
Xu Le tidied up the kitchen. At the thought that he was going to participate in the competition in another city soon, before he left, he wanted to see if Xu Tian had any stationery or clothes that she was lacking, so that he would bring her out to buy everything.

Just as he was thinking about his younger sister, the host suddenly let out a miserable howl, giving Xu Le a fright.

“What’s wrong?”

The host faced the camera and said with a face full of tears, “My friends, it can’t be, the store isn’t open for business tomorrow! I even planned to stay for another day and come back for a meal tomorrow.”

He cried out to Xu Le, “Little Boss, why aren’t you opening for business tomorrow?”

Xu Le was a little embarrassed as he kept calling him “Little Boss”. He explained, “I have a competition to attend.”

“Wow!” The streamer said exaggeratedly, “Could it be the same competition as last time? I even specially went to the live broadcast. Back then, the slicing of the pagoda meat was amazing!”

His tone was like that of a Xu Le’s fanatic fan as he said passionately, “Can you please greet the fans in the live-stream? Everyone likes you, you’re so cute!”

Xu Le nodded in agreement. Just as the camera turned to him, all sorts of gifts bloomed on the screen.

The host ‘Uncle Bull is everywhere’ first expressed his gratitude enthusiastically before saying, “Is it convenient for you to tell everyone what competition you are participating in? We will cheer for you when the time comes.”

“That kind of competition doesn’t seem to allow any spectators.”

Xu Le scratched the back of his head and smiled. The comments section immediately exploded because of his smile, and the screen was filled with “cute” comments.

“Oh,” Uncle Bull said with a sense of propriety, “It’s not convenient to reveal, right? Then we’ll wait and see! I wish you good results!”

“Thank you.”