Chapter 56: A Genius Master Chef at a Young Age?

“You’re here too?”

Xu Le turned around. Zhang Tong was dumbfounded. Behind him were chefs dressed in formal attire with the logo “Heavenly Restaurant” printed on it.

The competition in the food and beverage industry was brutal. When the adults saw this child, they did not tease him. Instead, they asked nervously, “Are you going to participate in the Beijing Food Expo?”

“Yeah.”

They did not dare to treat Xu Le as a child. After all, his majestic performance during the previous competition was still deeply etched in their minds.

Zhang Tong calmed down and asked, “What organization are you representing?”

“My Eight-year-old Canteen.”

Zhang Tong widened his eyes again. He did not know what to say and he ultimately shook his head and reminded, “You must not sell the rights to your signature dishes, otherwise you might be cheated by some businessmen.”

“I know that.”

Xu Le had gone to university before in his past life. Besides, he wanted to make the restaurant big. Of course, he had to cherish his wings and would not sell his dishes easily.

...
The two chatted for a while more. Zhang Tong admired him very much and said, “There will be a ranking after the Food Expo. It will be recognized by everyone in the industry. By then, it will have a great influence on the restaurant.”

“The Heavenly Restaurant has a title of a chainstore and all the branches have gradually been opened in first-tier cities. Therefore, the ranking from this competition is very important to us. This time, we’ve sent a group from Shanghai to battle… The judges are all from all over the world and each one of them is more picky than the other. If the evaluation is not good, don’t cry.”

Xu Le frowned and said, “I won’t cry.”

“Yes yes yes, you are already eight-year-old!”

Zhang Tong teased him on purpose.

After reaching the hotel that the organizer had arranged, he placed his luggage down, then there were arranged transport to send him to the expo. There was a sea of people outside, all sorts of local food stalls and even the local delights.

When Xu Le was still studying in university and had travelled to Beijing, he was lucky to have the chance to try the fatal mung bean soup, so he would avoid it whenever he came across it.

In his heart, he muttered, “Indeed, the type of people is dependent on the land they were raised in. When I drink that thing, it tastes like water that was used for washing dishes, but they are drinking it tastily.”

He continued to follow the organizer into the room. The tiles on the floor were shiny, and the decoration was mainly black and gold. It was noble and grand, and the place was spacious. From the view at the judges’ seats, one could see that the transparent kitchen was specially built for the competition. It was made of stainless steel, and there were steamer, oven and frying pot… In any case, everything that should be in the kitchen was present.

The host held the microphone and said excitedly, “Everyone, finish registering today and then go through the rehearsal process. Tomorrow will be the official competition. We will have a very important visiting guest tomorrow. Please wait in anticipation!”

Usually, a guest described as ‘important’ should be a famous gorumet in the field, and his/her age should not be too young.

The first thought that came to Xu Le’s mind was Cai Lan. However, he was busy with the post-production of the program, so he shouldn’t be able to make time for this.