Chapter 13: Tomato Egg Soup!

After mixing the starch, Xu Le slowly added it into the pot.

When he poured it in, he left behind a little in the bowl so that he could adjust the texture of the soup.

He would pour it in when he needed afterwards.

As the temperature in the pot rose, many bubbles appeared on the somewhat thick tomato soup.

Xu Le poured the twenty eggs that he had beaten into the bubbling water.

The bubbling indicated that the temperature there was the highest.

When mixed eggs were poured in, they would quickly solidify under the high temperature and become beautiful scattered egg.

At the same time, Xu Le used his chopsticks to gently stir the scattered egg.

The egg was like a string of cheese, turning into a thin and long string. As the chopsticks stirred, it spun continuously in the pot like an egg vortex. It was very beautiful.

He added a few spoonfuls of salt and white pepper powder.

Then, he added a few drops of sesame oil.

The condiments of this dish were just that simple. After all, it was a very light-tasting soup dish.

The chopped coriander was sprinkled inside.

Instantly, the entire pot of tomato egg soup emitted a smell.

The sweetness and sourness of the tomatoes, the fragrance of the eggs, and the spicy flavor of the white pepper were all perfect.

Due to the addition of starch, the soup was slightly thick, allowing the scattered, which was as thin as a cicada’s wing, to float at the top to ensure that the eggs could be eaten with each mouthful of the soup.

Xu Le scooped out a bowl from the pot and took a sip.

From the boiling tomato egg soup, a delicious taste rushed straight to his heart.

“This is the right taste.” A satisfied smile appeared on Xu Le’s face.

The taste of home was exactly what he wanted to make.

In China, tomato egg soup was a common home-cooked dish.

Especially in rural areas, many people would grow tomatoes and raise chickens.

Sometimes, one would pick two tomatoes from the tree and collect two eggs from the chicken coop to make a pot of delicious tomato egg soup.

3

When the children at home returned home in the evening after playing outside and smelled the fragrance, their appetite was immediately boosted and they could drink two bowls in one go.

Therefore, to many people, this was really the taste of home.

At the same time, this was also what Xu Le wanted to make.

It did not need any high-end cooking techniques or exotic ingredients. All Xu Le wanted was to use simple tomatoes and eggs to make a bowl of soup that would make people reminisce.

This was the greatest culinary skill to Xu Le.

Of course, Xu Le’s bowl of tomato egg soup was not simple either.

Xu Le chose the best ingredients. He went to the market in the morning to pick fresh tomatoes. They were sweet enough and high moisture content.

He also used farm eggs, which were also three times more expensive than ordinary eggs, but the taste was more fragrant and rich, and the taste produced could be upgraded to a whole new level.