Chapter 22: Expanding the Menu-Mapo Tofu Rice!

During this period of time, Xu Le’s food stall was doing very well.

He quickly earned the money to pay off the mortgage. Even the balance in his bank account had exceeded 20,000 yuan.

“Time to expand the menu.”

Xu Le could clearly feel the limitations of his cooking skills.

Until now, he had only learned the cooking methods of four dishes from the system. They were the Oil Doused Noodles, Kung Pao Chicken, Tomato Egg Soup, and Old Vinegar Radish.

This was far from enough.

In particular, if Xu Le wanted to progress in the takeaway market, the oil doused noodles would not be sufficient as the staple food.

A delivery would take at least half an hour, or even longer. By the time it was delivered to the customer, the noodles would have already become soggy.

“The most suitable food for delivery is still rice.”

After pondering for a moment, Xu Le decided to find a suitable rice dish from the System Shop.

“Rice with green pepper and fried meat… Rice with potato shreds… Mapo tofu rice…”

After softly reading the names of the dishes, Xu Le’s attention was attracted by the Mapo Tofu Rice.

“The Mapo Tofu Rice seems to be quite good.”

1

The reason for choosing Mapo Tofu was also simple…

It’s just that… Xu Le wants to eat it.

1

If he wanted to eat it, he would choose it.

After exchanging the dish for 50 Gourmet points, a large amount of information flooded into Xu Le’s mind.

Xu Le was no longer a stranger to this feeling.

2

After obtaining the recipe for the new dish, he directly entered the system space to start practicing.

Mapo tofu was still a classic Sichuan dish, and a famous Sichuan dish at that.

3

It had even been passed on overseas and earned a reputation in countries like the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and France. It had progressed from a simple home-cooked dish to a famous international dish.

There was also a story about this dish.

It was said that in 1862, next to the Chengdu Wanfu Bridge, there was a shop named “Chen Xingsheng Rice Store”. The owner, Chen Chunfu, died early, so the small restaurant was run by the lady boss.

Because the lady boss had pockmarks on her face, people called her “Chen Mapo”.

Mapo had a unique technique when it came to cooking tofu. The tofu that she cooked had an excellent color, fragrance, and taste. It was extraordinary and was loved by many. The tofu that she tried to create was known as “Chen Mapo Tofu” and had been passed down until now.

This was the origin of the famous Sichuan dish, Mapo Tofu.

What Xu Le wanted to learn was exactly this unique cooking method.

The specialty of the Mapo Tofu was its numbness, spicyness, hotness, fragrance, crispyness, tenderness, and freshness.