29.

Avery's POV
I made the decision that I thought would be the best option for me to do; and that was to head home.

I was going through the trouble of buying a stupid plane ticket back home and going over in my head what I was going to tell the boys,

Yes, I haven't told them yet what I was doing. As far as they know at the moment, I just took a casual walk downtown in Detroit, Michigan. The boys had another show here tonight, so I figured it'd be my best chance to leave around the time then with Danielle.

When I made my way back to the bus, my head was clouded with my thoughts. Even though I tried my best to shake them away, they just kept coming back. Soon enough, I was back in front of the tour bus.

I walked onto the bus, seeing everyone but Louis in the lounging area. Danielle shot me a sad smile, nodding for me to tell the guys. "Hey, I wanna tell you something."

Everyone looked over in my direction. "What is it?" Niall asked, holding a bowl of popcorn in his lap.

I bit down on my lip nervously, taking a deep breath. "Dani and I are heading home tonight. And the plane leaves around the time of the concert."

The boys all shot up, except Harry and Liam, clearly not knowing about the situation. "What?! You're leaving?!"

"Guys, I can't stay here when I have to face Louis everyday. I need to move on from him and the only way I can do that is if I go home." I explained, hoping they'd understand at least a little bit.

They all relaxed again, and Niall sighed, "I guess we can understand that. We're going to miss you girls."

"We're going to miss you, too." I gave the lad a sad smile, trying not to tear up. "Just please try not to mention anything to Louis about it. I know he'll try to stop me."

The lads nodded understandingly. "Alright, lovely."

I headed over to the bunk area, pulling my belongings out of the storage unit and starting to pack everything up. Danielle and I both decided that we'd have to leave around 5:00, in order to make the flight at 7:30, so we could get through security and all that jazz.

I let out a long sigh, just wanting to go home already.

*

Liam's POV
The concert started up around 7:00, the stadium filled with fans. Seeing these fans every night brightened my day every time we had a concert to perform. They are the reason we're who we are today, after all.

Danielle and Avery have already left for the airport, which was around five. Louis was worried sick as to why the girls weren't coming to the concert with us. The other boys and I had to come up with an excuse that they went shopping in the city for a few hours. Thankfully, he bought it.

-

"Where's the girls?" Louis asked as he styled his coiffed hair. He was still upset, of course, but always tried hiding it. I looked over at the guys in a panic, wondering what we should tell him.

"They, uh, went shopping out in the city for a few hours." Zayn said a bit too quickly. Louis gave him a questioning look through the tall stand-up mirror, but bought the lie anyways. Thank god.

-

"Okay, boys. Show time." Paul exclaimed into the dressing room. Everyone slipped in their earpieces, and grabbed a microphone.

We all ran out onto the stage, ready for another amazing show.

*

We were scrolling through the tweets from fans up on the big screen, answering any questions that they might've had.

@iloveliam93 Is Avery and Danielle backstage tonight?!

I bit down on my lip nervously, holding the microphone up to my mouth. "No, not tonight."

@larry5ever Is Louis and Avery still together? So many rumours! ):

God, were all these questions about Avery?

Louis looked up at the screen, before looking down at the ground of the stage. "Uh.." He cleared his throat. "No, we're not."

I could've sworn I saw his eyes get glassy, and I let out a small sigh. Yes, Avery was my sister and I loved her to pieces. But part of me felt bad for Louis because it wasn't entirely his fault.

"Next question." I said quickly, and the screen turned to another question.

@narryspizza Where are the girls? Be honest.

I tensed up, and I could sense the others tensing up as well. "Uhh, take it away Liam!" Niall exclaimed awkwardly, pointing to me.

Louis furrowed his eyebrows, obviously confused. I mean, I would be, too.

"Okay," I let out a sigh. "I can't lie to you guys like I did Louis.. the girls are both headed back to London. They have a flight in twenty minutes."

Louis' eyes widened. "What?!"

"I'm so sorry, Lou.. she told us not to tell you. She knew you'd try and stop her." Zayn frowned, holding his microphone in one hand.

Louis dropped his microphone to the ground, causing it to make a screeching noise throughout the stadium. He ran off the stage, and I didn't even have to ask where he was going. I already knew.

The entire crowd fell silent, and I looked back at the boys, my eyes widened.

"Soooo..." I said awkwardly, turning back to the crowd. "How does Rock Me sound?"

That caused the crowd to abrupt in cheers again, and I chuckled as we all started to sing.

------------------------------

Vote for Chapter 30.