6.

Avery's POV
"Meeting, boys. My office. Now." Simon said through Liam's phone before hanging up. I looked at Liam and the others, wondering what the hell was going on.

"Simon wants us for what reason, exactly?" Niall asked with a raised eyebrow. "We're supposed to be on a break. And we keep getting called in. Just a few weeks ago it was an Ellen interview. Now Simon wants to see us?"

"I don't know, mate. But we have to go now." Liam spoke, slipping on his shoes along with the rest of us. I've learned to just kind of go along with the rest of the lads and their whole career. I'm still timid around the screaming fans and the paparazzi, but that'll take some adjustment either way.

The five of us headed out to the car, piling in. Liam had been the driver, which was pretty much normal now.

"So, Niall. When are we all gonna meet this Claudia girl?" I asked, turning in my seat to face him. He smiled, "Oh, you'll meet her soon. Trust me. And I know already you two are gonna be the best of friends."

I smiled, turning back around in my seat. Just the way Niall talked about her I could tell he seemed very interested, even though he just recently met her not even a month ago.

We pulled up to the tall building before making our way inside. We piled into the elevator, pressing the button for the floor Simon's office was on. I felt the elevator move up, catching me off guard.

"You okay?" I heard Louis chuckle, and I smiled a bit, looking back at him. "Yeah.. I just hate elevators."

He pouted, reaching forward and slipping his fingers through mine. Him and I both knew if he wrapped his arm around me Liam would flip.

The elevator doors opened, and we all walked out. I felt Louis' hand release from mine, which made me kind of sad, to be honest.

We walked down a long hallway, coming to a double doored room. Liam knocked on the door. "Come in." We heard a voice from inside.

We walked inside, and at the desk sat the one and only, Simon Cowell.

"Gentlemen." He spoke to the boys, standing up from his seat. He looked at me, giving me a nod and smile.

"Where is Zayn?" Simon asked, furrowing his eyebrows. "He's with Perrie for the summer." Liam explained for the 92742th time.

"Ah, I see." Simon nodded understandingly. I feel like this question was going to be asked quite a lot throughout the summer.

"So, what's up, Simon?" Harry asked, the each of us sitting down in a chair in front of his desk. "Well, I wanted to do something that I think would excite the fans."

"In a good or bad way?" Niall asked, raising an eyebrow. "More or less, both." Simon chuckled.

"What are you up to, Simon?" Liam squinted his eyes, leaning back in his seat. "I feel like it would be an excellent plan for One Direction's publicity. The paparazzi would go insane. Articles everywhere. All over the news."

"Are you going to tell us or...?" Louis edged on.

Simon chuckled. "Louis, Avery." When Simon said my name, my eyes widened. What did I have to do with this?

"Ellen wasn't the only one who noticed the looks you two exchanged when she asked Avery about if she had feelings for a certain member of the band." Simon smirked. Oh, fuck. Here comes the tomato-colored cheeks.

"I think you two know where I'm going with this." Simon finished, clapping his hands together. Louis and I exchanged looks, before looking back at Simon.

"You want us to..." I started to say.

"Fake date?" Louis finished the question.

He nodded, almost grinning from ear to ear. "Correct!"

Liam sat up in his seat. "Simon I don't think that's a good id-" Simon cut him off. "Liam, it's for the sake of the band."

"It's not like the band's in danger or anything! We have the best fans in the world! They're the reason we're here today and I'm pretty sure they won't let that change." Liam protested, standing up.

Simon stayed seated, shaking his head. "I couldn't agree with you more. But, I think this would still be good for the band."

Liam groaned, throwing his head back. I looked down at my lap, fiddling with my fingers.

"How about this. I'll make a deal with you." Simon said. "We can try it for a month. One simple month. Then, if it doesn't work, we can call it off."

Liam sighed, running a hand through his hair. "I guess."

Simon grinned again, standing up. "Lovely! I will get the word out that Louis Tomlinson and Avery Payne are officially dating!"

Out of the corner of my eye, I could've sworn I saw Harry tense up. Why is that, you may ask? That, my friend, is a question that I will never know the answer to.

"By the way, guys. Make it believable." Simon shot us a wink, before gathering some papers and walking out of the room, like he had been in a rush.

So just like that, I guess. Louis and I are fake dating for publicity. For possibly just one month.

And for some reason, there was a part of me that wished it wasn't a fake relationship.

-----------------

Vote for Chapter 7.