5.

"I really don't wanna do this." I said with a shaky breath. The boys and I were backstage at the Ellen DeGeneres studio, and I was freaking out. God, stage fright sucked major ass.

"You will be just fine, love." Harry said in a comforting voice, wrapping an arm around my shoulder.

"Okay. Let's go." Liam said once Ellen announced the boys and I on stage. We all walked out, and I was by Liam's side the entire time, trying not to look at the large audience sitting in front of the stage.

The boys and I sat down on the couch, facing Ellen who was sitting in her chair. "Hello, boys! And girl." Ellen said cheerfully and chuckled. We all smiled and waved. I, on the other hand, was shitting my pants.

"How was the tour?" Ellen asked with a smile, looking at each of the boys.

"It was incredible. Each of our fans are very lovely." Niall spoke, and the audience erupted into cheers. He looked out at the audience, giving them a thumbs up, along with an award winning Niall Horan smile.

"That's great, guys." Ellen grinned. "The paparazzi is going absolutely crazy. Who is this lovely lady you have here today? Is she dating you, Liam?"

Liam laughed, before shaking his head, the smile never leaving his face. "She's my younger sister, Avery." That caused the audience to laugh a bit, including myself.

Ellen's eyes widened, before laughing as well. "Oh okay! Avery Payne! How are you today?" She turned to me.

"I'm well." I spoke softly, giving Ellen a shy smile. "That's good! Now, I'm sure everyone is dying to know. Do you fancy any of the boys? Besides your brother, of course." She asked, chuckling at the last statement.

Louis' POV
"That's good! Now, I'm sure everyone is dying to know. Do you fancy any of the boys? Besides your brother, of course." Ellen spoke with a chuckle.

I saw Avery's face heat up, turning a slight shade of red. I looked over at her a little too fast, hope probably glimmering in my eyes insanely. I know I just met the girl, but there was definitely something about her that I fancied. The only problem was Liam. And his 'number one' rule, which was no one in the group was allowed to date Avery.

"Maybe... maybe not." She said quietly, glancing over at me. She noticed me staring, looking away and blushing even more. Knowing I was caught staring, I looked down at my lap, feeling my cheeks warm up too. God, I could feel Liam glancing at the both of us, and already was hearing the lecture.

Ellen smirked, looking over at me. Oh fuck, she noticed. Damn, that woman doesn't miss a thing, does she? "Mhm... okay then. We'll see about that." Ellen chuckled, playfully shaking her head.

Liam cleared his throat again, trying to give Ellen a signal to stop talking about Avery having feelings for any of the guys. She nodded, understanding. "So you guys are on break for the rest of the summer, am I correct?"

The boys and I nodded each with a smile. I peeked over at Avery, seeing her looking at me out of the corner of her eye. I smirked as she turned her gaze back to Ellen quickly.

"Where is Zayn, by any chance?" Ellen questioned, seeing there was only the four of us and Avery.

"He's with his fiancé, Perrie. They haven't seen each other in awhile, so he figured he'd visit her for the summer." Liam explained, causing Ellen to nod. "Ah, the lovely Perrie Edwards."

The interview continued for another maybe ten minutes, discussing random topics and the latest gossip of One Direction, until it was time to go.

"It was nice having you lads on the show today. It's been awhile, and I hope you can join back with us soon." Ellen said, the crowd agreeing with cheers.