39.

As I slipped on my apron, Ari rushed up to me. "Holy shit! So it's official?" She squealed, jumping up and down like a little girl. My eyes widened at first, wondering what she was talking about. "What?"

"You and Harry." Claudia smirked as she walked into the employee break-room, wearing the same employee attire I was. I felt my cheeks start to warm up, slipping a notepad into the pocket of my apron for orders I'd be taking soon.

"Oh, yeah... yeah." I laughed lightly, pushing my hair back into a ponytail and tying it off with a hairband that was wrapped around my wrist.

The girls squealed as Carly made her way into the break-room. "Why the squeals?" She asked, laughing as set her coffee mug on the table.

"Avery's got herself a boyfriend." Ari and Claudia teased, giggling. I playfully rolled my eyes, "Oh shut up!"

"You're dating the fabulous Harry Styles, Avery! That's definitely something to be excited about." Carly commented with a smirk, picking up a rag from the shelf. "Hey, Ari, could you scrub down the countertops real quick?"

Ari groaned, reluctantly taking the washcloth from Carly, grabbing the cleansing spray, and making her way out of the break-room.

"Girls, as much as I'd love to sit here and fangirl with you about Avery's new relationship, we have some customers to serve." Carly chirped, and Claudia and I nodded with long sighs following.

We all made our way out into the main area of the shop, behind the counters where Ari was scrubbing up the coffee creamer spills. Here's to the next four hours, right?

*

With each passing minute after the clock struck 6:30, I watched the clock tick by, which really only resulted in time going slower than usual. I just wanted to get out of here and go home.

As soon as the big hand hit seven, I spun around on my heel as I made my way back into the break-room to gather my things. I took off my apron, hanging it up on the rack for my next shift.

I picked up my bag, before saying goodbye to Carly, Ari, and Claudia, and made my way out the back entrance of the building. I threw my shit into the passenger seat of the car, quickly getting in the driver's seat and igniting the engine.

The whole car ride back home was a blur as my thoughts took control the entire trip. At a red light, I stopped the car, resting my forehead against the steering wheel.

All I could think about was Louis, and my still strong feelings for him. I hated it. The only thing I want is for him to get out of my head. I'm with Harry now, I shouldn't be thinking about another guy and having feelings for him, especially my ex-boyfriend. The only guy in my thoughts should be Harry.

A car horn beeped behind me, causing my head to lift up quickly in shock, seeing that the traffic light had switched to green. I pressed down on the gas pedal with my foot, sighing softly as I continued down the road.

Pulling into my driveway, I was thankful as ever to get out of the car. I quickly gathered my bag before heading inside.

Harry and the rest of the guys, besides Louis, were all sitting on the couch, watching a game of football. They were cheering and shouting all at once, which I'm assuming was meaning that the team was either winning or losing. When they heard the door open, their heads all shot over to my direction.

Harry stood up, making his way over to me. "Are you alright, love?" He asked as he noticed the glum expression on my face.

I nodded 'tiredly', "Yeah. Just tired out from work. I think I'm going to go upstairs and shower before heading to bed."