douze.

Harry

"So, uh, how are you?" I ask the girl sitting across from me. I thought that Lilia and I were doing great, but I guess I was wrong from the recent dates.

"I'm great, Mr. Styles." The girl smiles to me as she takes a sip of her martini.

I have taken control of my social life and have also decided that maybe I should find another arrangement and see if it works out any better. I choose this girl a little older than Lilia, thinking she would be more mature, but I am not sure that this is going to work out.

I mean she is nice and all, but I don't feel anything with this girl even though this is our first date.

"Nicole was it? How long have you lived in New York City?" I question as I take a sip of whisky, as it burns going down my throat.

"Four years, I moved here when my father got a new job and then we just stayed here. I have loved it ever since. My favorite part is when you can walk down the street and buy anything you need. Like yesterday I needed some house stuff and I didn't want to take the subway or cab, so like I just went down a few blocks and found a CVS and bought what I needed. And like, I didn't feel like I was in any kind of danger either, you know what I mean? Like sometimes," This girl can talk and it feels like i can't even say a word, but at least she can keep the conversation going.

I sorta wanna see what Lilia is doing, but I don't want to bother her. I has been over a week since I have seen her too since I had to go on that work trip to London.

"Excuse me, Nicole. I need to make a call." I get up from the bar and walk back to the bathroom.

I pull out my phone and dial her number waiting for her to pick up.

"Hello?

"Lilia."

"Harry."

"Are you busy?" I ask her as I look into the mirror.

"Not a bit actually. You haven't called in awhile..." She mentions.

"Well do you wanna come over, since it is a Friday night, and just watch a movie or something?"

"Yeah, of course! I have sorta missed you, I guess." I can tell she is smiling on the other side of the line.

"I will call a cab for you." I tell her and than hang up the phone. I call a cab and then return back to the bar.

Nicole is still sitting there, but talking to a man that is now sitting next to her. I tap her on the shoulder and tell her that something has come up and say goodbye.

-

"What are we even watching?" She asks as she sits down with two beers, one in her hand and she is handing the other to me.

"It is a great movie! Like it's about this guy that got in trouble for fraud and was in prison for 22 months, and now he is out. Like you just gotta pay attention okay?" I try to tell her. She roles her eyes at me then starts to watch as the movie begins.

"Harry, this is so boring." She has her head in my lap and she is staring up at me. I smile down at her and look back at the TV. "What time is it anyway?" She speaks again.

I look down at my watch and realize it is already 12:30 in the morning.

"12:30." Her eyes go big and she sits up and grabs her purse and phone. "Where are you going?"

"It is late, and you probably didn't intend for me o stay over so I should go." She tells me with hesitation in her voice.

"No, it is to late, you are staying with me. Unless, I personally take you home and get you inside your home." I can tell that when I brought up her house she seemed to have a mini panic attack inside.

"I'll stay then. Can I have something to sleep in?" She asks while walking towards that hallway. I get up and pause the movie and walk past her so that I can show her to my bedroom.

"This way." I walk inside my bedroom and into my walk-in closet while I turn the late on. She looks around and her eyes are huge. "Find whatever, I will be in the living room. If you are tired, then you can just go ahead and go to bed if you would like, love." I smile and kiss her on the four head before I walk out.

The movie finally comes to an end and Lilia never came back out, so I suspect that she went to bed. I turn off the TV and put our empty bottles in the recycle then turn off all the lights.

I walk into my bedroom and all the lights are off and Lilia is in bed, I think asleep. I go to my closet and change out of my dress clothes and into a pair of sweat pants, then walk to my bed.

I try to slip into bed without waking her, but I must have failed because she turns towards me.

"What took you so long?" She teases as I look up at the ceiling.

"I had to finish my movie."

"That was a horrible movie."

"Lilia."

"Harry?"

"Can you tell me about yourself more, I want to know you."

"You know me, Harry." She tries to tell me.

"No, I actually don't, so tell me."

"Uh, I am originally from Oregon. I have an older sister, and a niece. I have an orange cat, named Oranges."

"What made you come here?" I ask her as I move to put my arm on her.

"I wanted to move away to a place that I could blend it, yet be my own person." She tells me as we lie together. "Tell me about you Harry, I know where you liked to be kissed, and that you like your coffee dark, but I don't know where you are from or who you are."

"I am originally from Homes Chapel, England. I have one sister, and her name is Gemma. I have two nieces, their names are Charlotte and Emma. My mother and father are divorced, but I still do talk to both. My mother is constantly wanting me to settle down already, she is even trying to set me up on a long distance relationship."

"Oh, really?" Lilia asks. She moves away a little, but still stays in my arms.

"Yeah." After that she didn't ask me anything else and I personally decided that it was the best idea for me to do the same.