Chapter 13

Jasmine's Pov
______________

"Okay, now remember guys! This class won't be the easiest one you have, but I promise if you pay attention and follow the syllabus, then you should have no problem!" My Chemistry teacher spoke as we packed our things and waited for the bell. This class is probably my second favorite one, Ms.Watson was a very nice teacher and she didn't really question why I was absent the other day.

Just like how Gal told me, Samarra was in fact in my class and to my luck, we were seated next to each other. I made conversation with her without trying to bother her, I don't want her wondering why I am so suddenly interested in becoming friends. "So what els are your plans for today?" I heard her speak and it's so hard not to notice how she somewhat looks and sounds like Gal.

 "So what els are your plans for today?" I heard her speak and it's so hard not to notice how she somewhat looks and sounds like Gal

Clearing my throat and trying not to think about Gal, I answered her. "I co-op, so I get to leave everyday after second period! I have to go to the mall and go fixed my phone when the bell rings." Nervously, I showed her my phone. Samarra started laughing, "Oh my god, what did you do to it?" She asked as she took it from my hand and examined it. "I was cleaning it and it fell without a case on." I dryly laughed. "Wow, that sucks. But, I co-op as well actually!" She said handing my phone back, I think she saw my lock screen photo though. "Oh that's nice, where do you work at?"

"I work for my mom, she owns her own clothing store. It's called Gadochí!" She said, but I couldn't help but laugh and think that the last name "Gadot" may have inspired it. "That's so cool, does um Ms.Gadot's name have anything to do with it?" Sheepishly, I questioned, Samarra nodded her head. "Yea, haha." She said and suddenly an awkward silence fell upon us. I looked at her and she was just staring off into space. Should I ask her to hangout with me at the mall? But, what if she has work? Sighing not really knowing what to do, I opened my mouth about to speak but so did she.

We laughed and I gestured for her to go first, "Can I hangout with you and go to the mall?" It seemed she was nervous on asking me that. "For sure! I was literally about to ask you, but I was beating around the bush." I giggled and played with my hair. I saw her bite her lip a little bit smiling. "Perfect, I'll tell Gal that I have a ride out of school today. Usually, she lets me take her car after class, but makes me bring her lunch." She whipped out her phone and I saw her click on Gal's contact, "Bahtdah Gal❤️"

Not trying to be nosey, but I wonder what Bahtdah means. I know Gal is from Israel and her main language is Hebrew. Samarra has a small accent like Gal's, but not as strong as hers, otherwise my heart would beat faster every time Samarra spoke. It's like I'm obsessing with Ms.Gadot's life and culture. "Hey Samarra, what does that mean?" I asked pointing at Gals contact. "It means daughter of an Aunt! Gal's mom is my Aunt." She said finishing her message to Gal and looking at me. "Oh that's so cool, so you speak Hebrew as well?" Curiously I asked her, slightly begging she did so she can teach me some to impress Gal.

"I do!" She smiled and patted my shoulder. "You should teach me a little bit sometime, I'm somewhat obsessed with your and Ms.Gadot's background." Shyly I said, trying to ignore her touch. "I would love to do that!" She smiled, then the bell rung. "C'mon, lets go check out in the main office." We headed out and made our way the destination.