Chapter 20 - The Real Conspirator

A/N: Bleh I'm dead. Work legit kills me. That's it. But at least I'm here now.

.

'How dare they make this mess in the castle?' scoffed Madame de Bossé. She was standing next to the huge tables in the ballroom. They only had a few plates of leftovers on top, most of the food was on the floor by the earlier performance of Soobin.

Madame de Bossé turned to the short white-haired man who was standing next to her, leaning on his broomstick with arched back.

'Yoongi, come on, clean this mess! At least do something useful until the guards catch those bastards!' she clapped her hands then turned back and left.

Yoongi rolled his eyes, then got to work really-really slowly. He started swiping the floor.

Suddenly two of Philippe's men turned around on the corner. They seemed to be in a rush, but slowed down when they reached Yoongi, passing by the old man really slowly.

Yoongi looked after them above his shoulder, then suddenly turned around and with a swing of his broomstick he kicked both men's legs from under them.

'AH!' they shouted in sync as they fell on the floor with a loud thud. They looked up, turning around, trying to figure out what attacked them. The only person on the hallway was an old, white-haired man who was swiping the floor several meters away, with his back towards them.

.

The four masked boys entered the secret hallway. Taehyun grabbed a torch from the wall and held it up.

'There are so many hallways here! How are we going to find him?' asked Soobin in despair.

Tae looked around. The hallway on the left was directed towards the old musketeer practice room. The next one led out of the castle, under the staff's hostel and the stable. There are always many people there, they entered the castle through that hallway too. The one on the right was the one that went under the castle and ended up on the other side, most likely they would end up where they are now. This left the fourth corridor.

'This way' he said finally and started walking, the other three following him without a question.

'W-why do you think they brought him here?' asked Kai while gulping. None of them answered as they all suspected the answer. Not many people uses the secret tunnels. It won't be hard to kill the prince without being seen. And by now they all knew who the real person behind all of that was, as Kai informed them. They still had a ray of hope. Maybe this is all just a misunderstanding and nothing bad will happen. There's still a chance... right?

The corridor came to a crossroads. As they reached it, they could see something on the right so they turned that way. Taehyun gasped.

'Monsieur!' he whisper-yelled. There was Monsieur Namjoon and his three men, the four of them tied up in a sitting position with their mouth stuffed with a kerchief and their hands behind their backs.

'Looks like the big boys need a little help' chuckled Yeonjun. Taehyun recognized one of the men. He was the one who made fun of him on the main square of Paris on his first day. It felt like it was an eternity ago.

'Okay, guys, untie them, I'll try to find the prince before it's too late. Catch up to me' said Tae. The others nodded as the boy started jogging on the corridor. Soobin crouched down in front of Namjoon so he was on the same level as the tied up man. He took off the kerchief that tied his mouth.

'I hope now you believe us' he grinned. Namjoon sighed and looked at the boy with an apologetic smile.

.

'Is this an elevator?' asked Beomgyu curiously. Philippe just nodded.

'Get inside, we're going up' said the regent. Beomgyu got into the elevator after him. It had grids on three sides and the fouth wall of it was opened.

'This is fascinating!' gasped the prince as the elevator started to move. 'Incredible! And this whole thing is being kept as a secret under the castle! And if the hangings are done in a different angle then it might be able to carry even more weight! I need to try it out' he thought out loud, studying the hangings. Philippe facepalmed. Even when there's such an emergency, the prince is still acting like a scientist and keeps entertaining himself with his own theories.

'Philippe' called out his name Beomgyu suddenly, snapping him out of his thoughts.

'Hm?'

'Why were you here on the ball?' the prince asked. 'You were so looking forward to spending your vacation at the countryside.'

'I've told you already: my people told me that there's a conspiracy going on against you and I managed to turn back in time.'

'Yes, you told me that you turned back when you heard that there's trouble' said Beomgyu, looking at the regent, his friend, his mentor, the person he could trust with anything.. He bit his lip in his nervousness. He knew what he was about to say will decide everything. 'But you were already there when the attack happened.'

Philippe pulled out his sword and without even looking he swung it towards Beomgyu's stomach.

.

A/N 2.0: Lemme just make my exit with this cliffhanger ~