Chapter 6 - Them Again?! (+ important A/N)

A/N: This is probably one of the longest chapters I've ever written and also my favorite one in this book! I hope you guys will like it! And we reached 100 reads, thank you <3

Also please read the A/N at the end of the chapter, it's important!

.

Tae reached the door where the two animals disappeared. He stopped there and leaned to the door panting, because it seems like someone closed it meanwhile, but he was sure the pets entered through that door. He tried to steady his breathing by taking a few deep breaths, then raised his hand to knock on the door. Before he could do so, suddenly the heavy wooden door flew open, almost knocking the boy over.

'YOU'RE FIRED! I DON'T WANT TO SEE YOU EVER AGAIN! PACK YOUR BAGS AND LEAVE!'

A boy was being shoved through the door by a woman. The boy's hair was dark brown and he was a bit taller than Tae. He seemed to be about the same age as him. He looked really sad, which Tae could understand since he just got fired from his job. He felt sorry for him.

The woman, well, she didn't make the best first impression on Tae. She was shorter than him, but still tall for a woman, was fat and had a creepy looking face, mainly probably because of the horrible makeup she was wearing which made her look like a clown. Her eyes spotted Tae and she looked him up and down.

'Not bad. I'm glad they are quick to take action and get me new people. What's your name?' she asked. Tae looked after the other boy who was walking away towards the other building, then turned back to the woman who was still anticipating his answer.

'Uh, I'm Taehyun' he said unsure.

'Okay, you'll do. Come' then the woman pulled harshly on Tae's arm, making him literally fall through the door.

He found himself in a some kind of kitchen. It seemed like a back room for the castle's staff. It had a huge table, several chairs, boxes, cooking pots and a lot more.

There was another man there with them. He was shorter than Tae, had white hair, even though Taehyun couldn't decide whether it's dyed like that or he's just old because he wasn't facing him. And the man was walking with a stick which made Tae think he was actually old. He was holding a duster and cleaning the shelves.

'I'm Madame de Bossé' introduced herself the woman, snapping Tae out of his thoughts. 'Now tell me, Taeyong-'

'It's Taehyun' interrupted Tae.

'Don't interrupt me! So tell me, what are you doing here?'

'Well, I was after my cat, who was being chased by a dog, who by the way ate my letter, then I was chased by-'

'I meant in Paris' rolled her eyes the Madame.

'Oh! I want to be a musketeer!' said Tae. This made the other man stop the cleaning and look at him in interest.

'You? A musketeer? You've gotta be kidding me' snorted the woman. 'You are way too young and weak for it. I mean just look at yourself!' she continued. Taehyun frowned.

'But it's my dream!' he defended. The white haired man smiled a half-smile, then went back to the cleaning.

'Never mind!' screeched Madame de Bossé. 'They are never going to accept you so don't even think about talking about this "dream" of yours while you are here. But lucky you' continued the woman as she picked up a small pile of clothes which Taehyun recognized as the servants' uniform. 'Sunghoon got fired just now so there's a job here currently. Do you want it or not?'

As Taehyun was about to reject it, suddenly the two guards who chased after him barged into the room. He gasped lowly and quickly accepted the clothes.

'Of course, Madame de Bossé' he bowed a bit. The guards frowned and turned back. Tae sighed, following the woman. He spotted Miette hiding in one of the pots while Brutus was leaving the kitchen. He was glad his cat is safe.