Chapter 17 - Dying From A Piece Of Cake

A/N: ^This was the picture that inspired their looks in this book btw

Your girl went to the doctor yesterday (just a checkup whether I'm suitable for work or not so nothing really) (btw I'm suitable yayy) and I got my height and weight measured and guess what, I've grown again. I was already a giraffe but now I'm 175 cm. I would be a perfect 6th member for TXT if it was for my height bleh

How tall are you guys?

.

There were people everywhere in the huge ballroom. The music was playing, but other than a few random people nobody was dancing, people were rather talking or eating, catching up with the newest trends by checking others' outfits.

'My suit is the best tonight' stated a guy standing on the dance floor. Not gonna lie, he looked damn good in his sparkly black outfit, and let's add, he was handsome as hell. Like worldwide handsome.

'I totally agree' said another male who was standing next to him with a glass in his hand. 'Mine's from Italy by the way.'

'Mine's from China' said the taller. As they were discussing about the suits and fabrics, suddenly Yeonjun stepped through between them.

'Excusez-moi*' he smiled as he passed by the two. They were looking after the boy with their mouth agape.

'Oh my gosh, look at that, Hobi' whispered the taller. 'Now that's an outfit!' Yeonjun, as if he just heard it, smiled back at them above his shoulder.

Meanwhile Soobin and Kai were standing near one of the doors when a male in a blue mask entered the ballroom. He stopped a few meters away from them with his hand resting on his decor sword as he looked around, seemingly looking for someone.

Soobin kept staring at the man. Something was definitely not right about him, but he wasn't sure whether the man is actually suspicious or it's because they are on a mission and that's why he's suspicious of everyone. Then his eyes stopped on the man's decor sword.

'Kai!' he whispered and shook the younger's shoulder.

'Huh?' hummed back Kai who was currently stuffing his mouth with cake.

'Look! The sword! It's...'

'It's the sword!' gasped Kai, accidentally swallowing the cake.

'We have to watch out for that guy' said the older while hitting Kai's back, trying to save him from dying from a piece of cake in the middle of the ball. 'I knew something was wrong about him as soon as he entered!'

Taehyun was standing on the other side of the room, observing the crowd with his eyes. Suddenly a servant stopped next to him, holding a tray of cupcakes. The boy took a pastry from the plate.

'Watch out for everything' he heard a low voice. He gasped, looking at the owner of the voice. Yoongi was standing next to him, holding the tray with a poker face.

'Oh my, Monsieur! You scared me! But... you don't seem surprised that I'm here' Tae said biting into the cupcake. Yoongi's lips curved into a sly grin.

'I know you, boys. I was pretty sure you'll find a way to come back' he said.

Just then suddenly everyone turned towards the entrance. As Tae looked back, Yoongi was nowhere to be seen. Tae's eyes quickly found the other three and they gathered together in the middle of the room.

'Let me announce His Highness, Prince Choi Beomgyu!' shouted the boy at the door. Beomgyu entered wearing his fancy blue and gold suit and mask. Ladies sighed and boys gasped at his sight. The prince walked down the stairs. Kai sighed too.

'Ah, look at him! He's so breathtaking!' his eyes twinkled dreamily. Yeonjun shook his head in disbelief. Soobin leaned in so he could look at the youngest.

'Kai we are supposed to protect him, not fall for him!'

'Watch out for the sword' reminded them Tae.

'About that-' started Soobin, but he was cut off by the boy in the doorway again.

'And now comes the prince's sword dance!' he shouted. Beomgyu took a decor sword from a staff member and put it on his belt, then started scanning the crowd.

'He's looking for a partner for the traditional dance' explained Kai excitedly. Two young men who were standing near them started bickering.

'He'll choose me!' said the shorter boy.

'No way, Jimin. He will definitely choose me' said the taller boy who resembled to a bunny under his mask. 'You're too old for him anyways.'

'Hey, rude!' argued back Jimin. 'Respect your elders, Jungkook!'

Their quarrel was pretty entertaining to Taehyun. He got so distracted that he only realized what was happening when the prince stopped in front of him.

'May I have this dance?' Beomgyu bowed. Tae heard Kai squeal behind him something along with the words of "Taegyu" and "sailing".

'Uhm, of course' he said awkwardly as he bowed too, taking the prince's hand.

They walked to the middle of the dance floor and the music started. Tae recalled the steps that Kai taught him last night as they were dancing.

'Look at Taehyun!' sighed Kai. 'He is such a dance-y! He is the danciest!' he squealed. Yeonjun and Soobin looked at him with raised eyebrows. 'Uh, you know what I mean' waved it off Kai.

'Okay, let's just watch out for the blue masked guy' said Soobin as he found said man with his eyes. He just joined the dancers on the dance floor with a lady in a turquoise colored long dress.

'What's with him?' asked Yeonjun. Soobin just realized that they didn't have a chance to explain the others what they saw with Kai.

'I'll tell. Come on, let's dance! We're being suspicious if we just stand here' he said, then grabbed Yeonjun's hand confidently (even he had no idea where the sudden confidence came from) and pulled him onto the dance floor. Yeonjun's ears turned red but followed the younger nonetheless. Kai sighed as he was left alone.

'Everyone's so in love... It looks like I'll just have to take action by myself' he murmured, then decided to look for a partner. He had to stay near the blue masked man.

.

Dictionary:

Excusez-moi: Excuse me

.

A/N 2.0: I just made quite a big change compared to my drafts, I hope I don't forget to watch out for that in the next chapters because it would be AWKWARD