Chapter 16 - Arrival

A/N: Yesterday I started writing the stupidest idea I've ever had in my notes which I've mentioned in my Seventeen books and it's so stupid but I love it lmao

Also expect two more updates this week, then I'll be off again for some time. I'll update on that later.

.

'Another ball' sighed Beomgyu.

He was currently standing on the balcony of the ballroom looking at the empty room that was beautifully decorated for the night's event. He hasn't seen Taehyun ever since the accident with the hot air balloon. He wanted to apologize for his behavior to the younger boy and possibly find out whether he'll be at the ball. Considering that he is a staff member, the prince suspected that he'll see the boy sooner or later.

'The last one' added a deep voice, making him gasp, then chuckle.

'Hi Philippe' he giggled. 'What do you mean by that?'

'Well, your last ball as a prince. The next time you'll be a king already' said the regent as he leaned on the railing next to Beomgyu. The prince frowned.

'Yeah, that's true... I'll miss you though. I hope you'll visit me after I become a king too.'

'Don't worry, I will. But my job as a regent ends here' the man put a hand on Beomgyu's shoulder and smiled at him. Beomgyu smiled back.

'I heard you won't attend the party tonight.'

'No, I'm leaving soon. I just wanted to say goodbye for now. But don't worry, everything will turn out just fine' grinned Philippe.

.

It was nighttime. The castle's staff was getting ready for the ball. People arrived from everywhere and the decor swords were being handed out to those who participated in the sword dance.

Our four boys were walking through the dark corridors under the castle with the led of Taehyun with a torch in his hand.

'This is so exciting!' jumped Kai. 'I've always wanted to go to a masquerade ball to save a prince!'

'Watch out for everything, guys. Tae, keep an eye on the prince' ordered Soobin.

'Will do' nodded Taehyun.

'Won't be hard for him' grinned Kai, making said boy blush and turn away.

Yeonjun chuckled then put on his purple mask, covering his eyes and the upper part of his face. It matched his purple suit and pants. His ribbons were added as some extra to his suit, so he could grab them easily when needed.

Kai's mint green colored outfit had sparkly glitters all over it which made the youngest even more happy and hyper than he already was. He held his fans in his hands as it matched with the clothing just perfectly. Soobin had some blue clothes with matching mask and his sling in his neck, disguised as a necklace and finally Tae had his pink outfit with a blade hid in his boots. They were all ready.

The others copied Yeonjun and put on their masks too as they reached the secret door where they could enter the castle. Tae put the torch in one of the empty holders on the wall and turned towards the others, putting his hand in the middle without a word. They all understood it and put their hands on his.

'One for all...' said Taehyun.

'... all for one!' said the four together.

Then Tae went to the wall and pulled a handle. They were ready to attend their first royal ball, even though it's not exactly how anyone would imagine a first ball.

They stepped into the castle through the secret door. Luckily it was a dead end hallway so no one went to that direction, leaving them to enter without being caught.

The four walked to the main hallway where Taehyun suddenly stopped, making the others almost crash into him. They all gasped and turned around out of instinct when they saw Monsieur Namjoon on the hallway, showing people towards the ballroom. They were just about to get out of his sight when...

'Gentlemen!' they heard Namjoon yell after them which made all of them freeze.

'We're getting caught' thought Taehyun with gritted teeth.

'The ballroom's this way!' gestured Namjoon. They let out a breath of relief they were holding in as they quickly turned back. They bowed slightly to the man, avoiding eye contact as they were still afraid of being exposed.

Soobin wiped his sweaty palms in his pants. Suddenly he felt a hand grabbing his right hand gently. He looked at his right, locking eyes with Yeonjun. The older smiled at him and squeezed his hand reassuringly.

'Everything will be fine' he mouthed. Soobin smiled back at him, but he couldn't miss the fact that Yeonjun's hand fit in his just perfectly. Lately he had these weird thoughts around his friend, but he couldn't figure them out. Or maybe he was just scared to face the fact that he has a crush on Yeonjun.

The four boys reached the entrance to the ballroom. There was a flight of stairs downwards from there and they were standing on the top. The lady entering in front of them went to the boy who was standing by the door and said something to him. Then the boy straightened himself and said in a really loud voice, loud enough for the whole room to hear:

'LADY AHN HYEJIN!'

'Oh no' gasped Tae. They quickly gathered together to discuss the problem.

'They announce everyone's name!'

'Why didn't we think about that?' asked Kai.

'Because none of us have been to a ball before!' whisper-shouted Yeonjun.

'Okay, just quickly find out something. Don't say your real names because the staff will recognize us' sighed Soobin. They dismissed the quick meeting and Tae walked up to the boy first, whispering something to him.

'MONISEUR BAR'ECUE!' the boy announced in a very French accent, not even realizing what he said. Tae walked down the stairs confidently. Kai giggled hearing that. Luckily most people were busy talking and dancing so they didn't really pay attention to their weird entrance.

'MONSIEUR CATAN'DOG!' shouted the boy as Yeonjun entered too.

'HAPPY 'IRTHDAY!' he said after Soobin's arrival. Then lastly Kai went up to him.

'MONSIEUR MOL'ANG!' After Kai entered too, probably this was the first time when the boy actually thought about the four weirdos' names he just let in. But well, you can't blame anyone for the way their parents named them, right?