Chapter 22: Get Along

Y/n POV

 ♫ ♫  🎸 Sweet night by V  ♫ ♫

Cause the window
Opened one time with you and me
Now my forever's falling down
Wondering if you'd want me now

How could I know
One day I'd wake up feeling more
But I had already reached the shore

Guess we were ships in the night

Night, night
Hoo, hoo, hoo, hoo, hoo, hoo

I hum the tune while laying backward on the bed, legs swinging slowly in the air, side to side, matching the pace of the song. My gaze is fixed on my laptop as I go through the teaching assignment of my first semester. Kinda hectic, but I would definitely get used to it.  

I'm wondering.....Are you my best friend...Feel's like a river's rushing through my mind

And I'm reminded of Taehyung all of a sudden. Because he is currently the only one occupying the throne in my mind.  I wanna ask you...If this is all just in my head

I close the pdf and curl up in my arms. Suddenly this song feels so right. As if it were written specifically for me.

My heart is pounding tonight...I wonder

I wonder too, what does Taehyung feel about me? He's been really nice to me since we returned from the trip. My gaze shifts to my hands, where I notice my scars mending. They have healed a lot. Well, why wouldn't they? Someone has taken great care of them.

I couldn't even walk properly after the accident, and Taehyung was a huge relief. Bringing me to my room, taking me to restrooms, living room, and kitchen. Everywhere. He was always there. He even looked after me for four days while the doctor told me to bed rest. He is being too good to be true.

If you....are too good to be true...and would it be alright if I.....pulled you closer

And suddenly, I smile, thinking of the time in the forest when he came running to me, hugging me, pulling me closer to him. His concerned eyes checked me out with all the eagerness to see if I was hurt anywhere.

How could I know...

"One day, I'd wake up feeling more," I sing along to the music. I'm not sure where this is all going, but I'm enjoying whatever is going on. This sensation, this song, this space, him, and I. I'm liking everything.

Guess we were ships in the night...night.... night 

I sing again, completely unaware that someone is watching me unless the door creaks. When I turn around, I see Taehyung leaning against the wall, one hand on the door frame. He's dressed in a black loose t-shirt, spectacles, and unkempt hair; gosh, I'm hungry, and he looks like a snack. My pupils dilate slightly as my gaze shifts from the laptop to him. Oh my god! Was he standing there for a long time?

"What?" I ask, taking off my headset and sitting properly. I'm dressed in my sleeping shorts. And the way he licks his dry lips tells me that the position I'm in is unsuitable for the peaceful environment we are maintaining.

"What?" He parrots me.

"Why are you in my room?"

"What are you doing?"

"Some college stuff since it is going to start soon," I reply softly, looking at him inquisitively.

"Hmm.." He hums in response. 

Foreign Love || KTHजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें