Chapter 10: The Party

Y/n POV

"It's me, Y/n. I am your secret weapon."

Jin's comment is driving me nuts. I may have slept off by some miracle, but my head is still pounding. I was up all night, tossing and turning, unable to sleep. I'm not sure what he has planned for me or how he intends to help me. But I'm sure my dick-head roommate is going to get some hard time.

What you give, you get. Karma is a bitch!

I remove my duvet and proceed to the bathroom. The cool water is freaking divine, and I can feel all of my muscles loosening up and pulling free of their tensions. After the lovely shower, I have my breakfast in the kitchen and unwind a little. 

This morning, Taehyung isn't at home, and I'm very sure it's because of what's going to happen later today.

Between all this drama, the last thing I want to do is attend this fancy party to which Jin has invited me. Coincidentally, today happens to be his birthday, and when I say fancy, I mean it. Jimin informed me that he had reserved an entire resort for his birthday celebration. Taehyung is most likely present there, assisting with the preparations.

The day goes by quickly, and I'm still undecided about what to dress. I haven't been to many parties; therefore, I don't have any appropriate attire. Parties, in general, are not my thing, or to put it another way, I am not a thing for parties. Whatever the case may be, we simply do not match.

I'm thinking of donning a floral gown that reaches my knees and applying some nude makeup till the bell rings.

"Hey, I came to pick you up," Jimin says as I open the door. He's dressed in a white shirt that fits him flawlessly, with the top few buttons unbuttoned, folded hands, and his hair slicked in.

(Sexy!)

"I am not ready yet," I say as I let him in.

"Great! Because the birthday boy sent you a dress and specifically requested that you wear it." I close the door behind Jimin as he steps inside.

"Jin sent me a dress?" I ask as I see Jimin making his way to my room.

"Yup, I guess you get to play your first move tonight," Jimin replies as he bounces on my bed.

"Okay! That's amazing," I answer hesitantly and accept the bag he's brought.

I open the bag, and a stunning deep red satin gown greets me.

"Jimin, it's beautiful," I say, not diverting my eyes from the dress.

"Hyung's choice is always perfect," Jimin continues, "so go change quickly."

I go to the bathroom, change into the magnificent gown, and dash back to the room to show Jimin.

"You look stunning," Jimin comments glancing at me flirtatiously.

I look in the mirror to see what he sees. The dress fits neatly on me; it's sleeveless and has a v neckline with some dips. The dips are low enough to reveal a bit of my chest but not enough to peer into someone's eyes. The dress cascades to the floor and has a slit up to my right leg that ends just above my knee.

"Jimin, don't you think the dress is a little too much?" I ask, looking up to Jimin and smiling shyly at his admiring gaze.

I've never worn a dress like this before, and while it's beautiful, it makes me feel uneasy in specific ways. As I already stated, I am not very slender, and my curves are pretty evident in this dress.