Chapter 12: I like playing dirty

Y/n POV

I really feel like murdering someone.

What the hell! What do these men get by putting down women? Makes them feel like real men? No, they are douchebags. Taehyung thinks he can show me his strength and make me obey him, but I am not some hopeless submissive girl. I may be naive and sensitive, but I can fight for myself. I will never let him win, never!

I led myself into the living hall, which I passed when I entered. The party is still going strong; I see pairs dancing, playing games, and having a good time. But after the little encounter with my 'let's get along' roommate, I am entirely uninterested in anything.

I go past the crowds to the bar and notice Jin drinking and conversing with someone. As I move closer to him, I take a position against the bar counter. Jin notices me and asks the guy to excuse himself so that he can speak to me. The guy Jin's been talking to shifts his red eyes towards me, his gaze shifting from down to up. He seems to be intoxicated right now, but I'm still enraged from my previous encounter, and this man over here isn't helping at all.

Jin takes me behind the counter while I pass death glares to the drunk guy.

"So, are you enjoying the party?" Jin asks, glancing at the drinks kept on the racks behind the counter.

"I was till I met your dear reputed friend," I reply.

"Taehyung? Did you two get into some verbal fight?" Jin says as he laughs, "I am pretty sure you won."

"It's not about winning, Jin. I just don't like his attitude. How dare he accuse me of being immature when he started it first. Is he not aware of his own doings?"

"Y/n, Taehyung is quite obstinate in such cases. Even though he is aware, he won't accept it. Would you like a drink?" Jin continues.

"I don't drink," I reply. 

"These three terms do not exist in my party's lexicon. Once you're in, you need to drink," Jin adds, winking at me.

I've never consumed alcohol before, but I've never fought a male either. What the hell is going on with me? It's as if I'm on a reality show, and every day I am thrown a task that I need to complete. I don't even know what else is stored for me. It's not that I don't like it, but everything going on is beyond my wildest dreams.

"Fine, " I add, "I am not knowledgeable about drinks, so you can give me anything you like. But keep it a bit mild."

"Here you go," Jin hands me a drink, " It's got fruits in it, you will love it."

"Okay!" I say as I accept the drink from him. I take a sip, and hmm, it's not that bad.

(It's good)

"Y/n, Taehyung is very dear to me. I understand that going against him and supporting you may make me look like a horrible friend. But it's for his own good. He has some unnecessary boundaries that keep him limited. I'd like you to help him get over it."

"I don't understand," I reply in confusion.

"He came to me the next day you came to his apartment, and I still remember how he was ranting about you,"

"About me?"

(Why, though?)

"Not something appreciative though,"

(I knew it. Jerk)

"It was the first time I heard him mention someone in many years. He never speaks about others since he considers it a waste of time. And believe me, just hearing him ranting piqued my curiosity in you. I knew it exactly that you are the right person who can make him break those walls and be the real him, the him that I know."