Prologue

Y/N POV

I was always the geeky child in school, with few friends and a strong focus on my academics, topping the courses with my recall strength as a cherry on top. 

Being the only child in a middle-class family, I've always wanted to make my parents proud, not that they weren't already. Having an obedient child with decent grades and no scandals is pretty much every parent's "dream."

So there goes my teenage years: no fun, no outings, no bunks, no best friends, no boyfriend, no nothing. 

Boring much?

If I'm being honest, it wasn't all that dull for me.

I've always enjoyed reading, and living my life through novels allowed me to escape into another world, but reality sucks, and I've grown accustomed to it. 

I have learned throughout my 21-year existence that acceptance is the key to happiness. I'm well aware that I'm not very attractive and that I'm not the type of person who inspires 'love at first sight.'

 I understand that not everyone wants me or wants to talk to me.... oh wait! actually, nobody ever speaks to me.

Hmmm... but does it even matter now? I'm not sure why I'm having these thoughts right now.

Taehyung POV

I have got it all - fame, power, and looks that could kill. No, I am not into self-appraisal; it's just the way things are.

I have no control over how many girls fling themselves at me left and right.

As president of our college's student council, fame and power come in handy, and I'm not surprised why females are so insistent about me. Even if I appear cold, nasty, and sarcastic, they drool over me because they believe it is manly. Do they even know what it is to be manly?

My friends advise me to stop disrespecting females and put my egoistic wants aside. Oh, believe me, I did it once just to be greeted with a wonderful, "I will fix you."

Fix? What am I? A vase?

It's not that I disagree with my friends; they've always been there for me; they're like family to me. But once you allow a lady access to your life, you should forget about it that's why I can't trust women. I constantly suspect they have a hidden agenda behind everything they do. To be honest, in my 24 years of existence, I haven't encountered any ladies who didn't have any.

In my life, there are just three priorities: me, my space, and my friends.

I despise it when others try to mend my belongings, invade my space, and bend them as if they were theirs. I despise inconsistencies.

Author's note:

I know the introductory parts are boring to read, so I tried to keep it brief. However, knowing the character helps to understand how they could react to events as they develop. The areas where the MCs are thinking will be in brackets for the most part. 

So keep an eye on the next chapter!

Adios!

ღƪ(ˆ◡ˆ)ʃ♡