Chapter 1: The meeting

Y/N POV

The car suddenly comes to a halt, interrupting my thoughts, and I see the place where I will spend the next few years. 

The building is far bigger than what I had anticipated. Stunning! Exemplifying Germany's elegance perfectly. 

I can't tell you how long I've been waiting for this moment. And now, standing in front of the first step towards my dreams, I have a completely different emotion. Oh, how I wished to live here, to travel here, and now my wish has come true.

I wanted to live in the residence halls with other students since it would be cheaper, but they were all taken. So at last, I rented an apartment with a roommate in private accommodation. Thanks to my scholarship, I don't have to worry much about the expenses, but I also can't afford a room just for myself. Trust me; it's a lot of money.

Upon my visit, I already got the key from the owner, who I must say is a lovely lady. She's getting on in years, and I'm amazed by how she still manages such a large property. I'm hoping she stays healthy and we get along well.

"Excuse me, could you just confirm if this room is on the third floor?" I ask a girl who was walking past me.

"Let me look, yep it is," she says. "By the way, I think that room is already occupied," she adds.

"Oh yeah! I will be living with her. I'm her roommate," I smile at her and she looks at me, a bit confused. She is about to say something but the lift suddenly opens and I get busy in putting my luggage inside.

I'm about to bid her, but she is already gone. The lift closes and I stand there silently. By the way, now that it came to my mind, the owner didn't inform me about my roommate yet. Except that she's Asian, which is alright with me because I'm Asian myself. 

I've already made up my mind that this time I'm definitely going to be more social and try making friends. Because back home, I knew there was someone waiting for me, but here there is no one. I don't want to be alone in this strange nation.

It feels like there are so many responsibilities at me all at once; need to take control of the situation, be self-assured, communicate with others... huff. Isn't it too much for the first time?

"Let's take baby steps." I assure myself. 

The lift door opens and I have already made up my mind with what to start. Communication with others. Yes, just like I did a while ago. And just like my mother taught. Smile and greet.

I take my bags out of the lift and start finding my room.

"It's should be here...oh that." I match the number with the card in my hand.

"Finally. It's okay, Y/n; smile and try to start a conversation. It's fine; everything is fine; all is well." I can feel my heartbeat accelerate. Damn, I am so nervous.

I stand there for a while and can hear someone conversing inside. I have the key, but I don't want to walk in because I have no idea what is going on inside. I don't want to embarrass or offend anyone. Who wants to be the odd one out right away? So, I politely ring the bell.

I ring it once, and there's no response. I ring it once more, this time for a bit longer.

I hear footsteps approaching the door.

The door opens, and there greets me a stunning tall female. To say she is beautiful is an understatement; my goodness, she is flawless. Better than all the popular girls back in my school. She has a model's physique: tall, thin, and gorgeous grin.