Chapter 27: Moonlit Night

Y/n POV

"Date me, Y/n"

"Huh?" I open and close my mouth in disbelief, blinking twice, maybe thrice, as if trying to convince myself to believe that I haven't heard him. I mean, obviously, I heard something wrong, or did I?

"Please date me, Y/n," Taehyung repeats, eyes locked on mine.

My heart was racing so rapidly that I could barely breathe.

"Taehyung, now is not the time to joke. I'm serious."

"Even I am serious." He raises his voice and then curses under his breath. "Shit."

"It's torture to stop me from having my way with you. So, unless you want me to do things you don't want, stop talking about that fucker and be silent." Taehyung says, withdrawing his gaze from me and starting the car's engine.

And all of a sudden, the realization hits me that something is very, very wrong. Did he threaten me? Why am I not angry? Kim Taehyung is the kind of guy who would kidnap you, and you would say, Thank you, sir. 

Taehyung sucks a sharp breath in, swallowing hard. "I meant that you can talk about whatever you want, just not about him. And I'm not kidnapping you, so relax and stop crying."

"All right," I answer, my heart pounding dangerously fast.

I wipe off my tears and glance out the window. I don't know why I fell for this bipolar creature. My answer comes to me immediately as I take another look at him: Because he is insanely hot.

Even though he appears agitated—his ears are red, his face is fixed as though he's going to murder someone, and his jaw is tense—he still looks so hot.

No, Y/n, stop!!

It's ridiculous how I completely lose myself when I'm with him. Even more ridiculous is that I become so compliant with every little word that comes out of his mouth despite knowing full well that he won't be able to keep up.

Who is going to believe that I was having a mental breakdown just a while ago in the bathroom, and now I am blushing like a tomato because the person who caused it said he wants to date me? Did he even mean it? Although we had already kissed, nothing had changed. He still has the same purported anger management problems.

Perhaps it's best for me to put some space between us, for his sanity and mine. I have to talk things out with him.

The rest of the journey was silent, with Taehyung and I exchanging glances two or three times and I admiring his car. The ceiling light of the car is off, with only the control features of his dashboard glowing. I can't make out his face in that dark. But I am damn sure he is still angry. Why is he angry? Right now, I should be the one who is angry with him.

"Did you eat?"

"No," I reply.

"Okay."

Taehyung's eyes are still fixed on the road, refusing to look at me. "Are you hungry? We can grab something if you want."

See, he is acting like he cares now, but he won't even reply to my questions after a moment. "That's fine. I don't have an appetite."

"Okay."

"Where are we going?" I ask.

Taehyung swiftly drums against his steering wheel, very politely ignoring my question. He moves his eyes around, never stopping in one place for too long. Huh! Expected.

We eventually reach a hilltop, a grassy knoll crowned with ancient oaks. It's a very beautiful and breathtaking paranoia. I hear a river to the east, and I believe there are fields filled with wildflowers to the west.