Chapter 28: Past Wounds

"Y/n, are you there?" Kai moves past the washroom, peeking gently to see if there is anyone.

"Y/n?"

"Hey Kai," Jimin calls him from behind. "What's up, brother? Trying to find something that isn't yours?"

"Buddy," Kai smirks. He always thought he had indefinite patience when it came to Jimin. He's surprised, knowing that's not true. This guy gets on his nerves as much as Taehyung does. Fucking clones!

"Don't you think it's too early to judge who belongs to whom?" Kai continues. "You guys are still the same, jumping to conclusions without knowing the full truth."

"My dear Kai, stop living in the past, dude. No one gives a fuck about your so-called truth." Jimin snaps.

"Great! Then can you get the fuck out of my sight? I am busy."

"I see; busy peeking inside the women's restroom? Suits you."

Kai's fingers curl into a fist. He's amazed by Jimin's audacity. "You are still the same, Jimin." Kai smiles, "Going around and poking your nose in other's business. Are you getting paid? No? Free Work?" 

Kai takes out the wallet from his pocket showing it to Jimin. "Ahh! That's sad. No worries. I will pay you. How much ?"

Jimin holds Kai's collars and pushes him to the wall, "Stay away from Taehyung and Y/n. You have already given him immense pain; don't do it again."

"Pain?" Kai loses control and pushes Jimin back. "You motherfuckers. What do you even know about pain? What does that bloody fucker know about pain?
Ask me. Ask me how painful it is to lose all your dear ones, lose all your friends, lose your family ...."

Kai continues, "I lost my mother. Because of that dickhead, I lost my mother. The only one I loved. Do you even realize how painful it is?"

"What? " Jimin is shocked. "How? She was fine the last time I met her."

"She attempted suicide."

Jimin is shocked. He didn't know Kai's mother was no more. The last time the incident happened, she was alive. She was the strongest and healthiest person he had ever come across. Such a strong personality.

"What? I am so sorry. Why didn't you tell us?"

Kai bursts into anger. "You fucker. Listen carefully. You guys have no right to comment or learn about my personal life. You left me on my own when I needed you guys the most.
Taehyung was not the only one suffering. I was suffering, too. But you dickheads left me. You know, I thought we were friends. We, Jimin, we were damn fucking friends. But what you did to me, I can never forget that."

"And about Taehyung and Y/n," Kai continues, "if Y/n wants, she can choose him, but do you think Taehyung can give her happiness?"
Do you think Taehyung is capable of love? We both know he isn't. Then, why are you destroying that girl's life?"

"Just tell her the truth and let her go. Taehyung doesn't deserve her, and you know it damn very well." Kai pats Jimin's shoulder and moves past him.

Jimin stands there numb for way too long. Tears make their way from his eyes; the heartbreaking truth of his mother's suicide attempt clouds his senses as he grapples with the overwhelming pain of loss. Kai's mom loved him like her own child. 

He still remembers the time their trio was famous around the college. The memories come flooding back like a tidal wave: Taehyung, Kai, and him. Nothing could have torn them apart. Everyone envied the relationship they had. Handsome dudes, sportspersons, and academically validated. They got it all.