Chapter 43

You woke up wrapped in your red comforter as you lay against your bed. Your eyes felt heavy, your head still thundered lightly from your neck to your forehead. You groaned as you pushed your blanket off of you and took a glance around the room. You were in yours and Blitz's bedroom, you were safe. You sat up in bed and ran your fingers through your hair as you yawned loudly. It felt as though you had the worst possible hangover, but you hadn't had one drink.

"There you are," Blitz's voice bellowed from the doorway. You smiled at him as he walked into the room and took a seat on the bed beside you. He pulled you into his arms and laid your weary head on his chest as he ran his fingers through your hair and itched at your horns to comfort you. He had a look on his face of worry and desperation. You tried your best to recall what you had experienced just the night before.

"I had the weirdest dream," you explained, "everything was black and there was a clown there? A clown with robotic arms and legs dancing around. And then there was that voice again calling out to me and Nero...Nero was there and he was...alive again? But with robotic parts...It...it was...horrible."

"A clown...with robotic arms and legs?" Blitz's face grew worried and pale.

"Yes."

"Was he the one talking to you?" Blitz asked, his voice getting more tense with each word that slipped from his lips.

"Yes he talked to me, but it wasn't him that I've been hearing. It was someone else in the darkness, it was a deeper and more intense voice. The clown's voice was like a robot with a glitch," you explained it the best that you could.

"You saw Robot Fizz? Fizzarolli? Have you ever even met Fizzarolli or any of his copies?" Blitz asked, his arms outstretched as he pulled your face towards his. He stared at you with an intensity that worried you deeply.

"Whose Fizzarolli?" you asked, the name sounded familiar but you couldn't recall who it was.

"We need to go see Stolas and try to figure out what's going on," Blitz said as he quickly threw himself up from the bed and exited the room, his face stern and worried as his pace quickened.

You pulled the blankets off of the rest of your body and stood from the bed. You watched through the doorway as Blitz grabbed his van keys and stood patiently waiting for you to follow him. You observed him closely. The worry that shrouded his body made you anxious. You snagged a pair of jeans from your dresser and yanked them over your lace underwear, then you tussled your hair in your hands to loosen the curls and made your way into the living room. The minute that you stood beside him, Blitz began to make his way out of the apartment and into the public hall. You followed quickly behind him, prepared to follow him towards the answers that he seeked. He turned to lock the door behind the two of you when you heard another door open from just across the threshold.

"Y/N? Hey, how are you doing?" the voice calmly greeted you. You turned to see Cyrus standing in his doorway, a smile plastered onto his face as he stared you up and down.

"Oh hey Cyrus, I'm doing good, how about yourself?" you asked politely as you listened to the door lock behind you.

"Good, good" he leaned against his doorway.

"I'm Blitz, who are you?" Blitz's voice chimed as he turned around and placed his arm around your body, pulling you into his grasp tightly. An intimidating smile sprawled across his lips as he took in Cyrus's frame.

"I'm Cyrus, Y/N's neighbor, nice to meet you," Cyrus greeted Blitz awkwardly and stood straight from his doorway, his posture becoming more tense.

"Oh you mean our neighbor," Blitz hissed as he smiled and reached out to shake Cyrus's hand.