Chapter 5

You weren't sure where these outbursts of emotions were stemming from. You had just met Blitz, but he was the first person to show you a genuine connection in a long time. Some part of you was already feeling a sense of protection over him and you couldn't tell if that was a good thing or a bad thing.

Blitz opened the slammed door behind you, stepped inside, and quietly re-closed it. You rested in the guest chair on one side of his desk, watching through your brows as he made his way to his chair and took a seat. He folded his hands over one another on his desk and waited patiently for you to restore eye contact.

"We can talk whenever you're ready" he offered.
"Was that who called you this morning?"

Silence.

"Yes."
"Who is Stolas? And what kind of connection do you two have?" You asked, trying to force yourself to smile.
"You know Y/N, when I started this business idea I knew that it had a lot of potential, but there was one missing key feature that I needed to get in line before we could open. Had to get a way to go to the human world. To make a long complicated story more easy to understand, let's just say that Stolas is royalty and has the capability to travel back and forth between hell and earth using this..."

Blitz yanked open his desk drawer and pulled out a large leather bound book, dropping it carelessly on his desk.

"We have a set business agreement that I fulfill every month."

You felt embarrassed, your face grew hot. You had overreacted immensely and acted out of line. You dug your nails into the desk. Stupid fucking girl.

"I owe you an apology...I don't know why I acted like that..." you gulped harshly. Blitz reached his hand over the table and cupped your chin in his long fingers.

"Your feelings are justified...our business agreement is far from..common.." he whispered, refusing to make eye contact.

"What is the business agreement?" You asked. Blitz ran his hand over his forehead and pinched the bridge of his nose.

"It's a uh...contractual fucking..." the feeling flourished once again.
"What?" Your eye twitched. Blitz reached his hand forward and pressed a button on his phone. A voice sprung to life over the speaker.

"Helloooooo my sexy Blitzy....I cannot want to ravage you later this week...I miss that gigantic coc-" Blitz clicked another button and the voice was cut off.

"Ah...well that's an...interesting...business practice" you gulp feeling helplessness spread through your veins.

"I hope that this doesn't make you look at me differently. Business is business" he looked at you, his eyes glistening almost as though he was about to shed tears.

"Of course not, you have to do what you have to do" you gulp and force an expression of happiness, "so what can I get started on?"