Chapter 8

You ran to the door leading to the backseats of the van and opened it wide for Loona who still carried Blitz. "Thanks" she gave you a gentle, genuine smile as she scooted her way into the middle of the back seats to give Blitzo enough room to lay comfortably.

Shutting the door, you quickly got into the drivers seat and with a few turns of the key the van finally roared to life. You let out a deep sign and gripped onto the steering wheel tightly, your fingers resting into the worn imprints from Blitz's constant driving.

"Is he still awake?" You whispered trying your best to look for land marks that could better direct you toward the apartments.

"Im right here ya know" Blitz huffed.

"Yeah, he's awake" Loona begrudgingly added, "dad just relax" she cooed. You hadn't heard her call Blitz dad before, and by the look on his face in the rear view mirror it was a rare occasion.

Somehow you were able to guide yourself through the unfamiliar streets adequately enough to get back to the apartments. You put the van in park on the sidewalk, the way that Blitz had, and exited swiftly to open the door for Loona.

You fumbled with Blitz's keys as you jangled the door open and flipped on the lights, the apartment greeted you with the same comfort and relief you had felt the night before. You ran to the couch, flipped it out into a bed, and pulled the covers back on Blitz's side. Loona gently plopped him down into his spot, releasing a moan of pain from Blitz.

"Here, Loona, can you help me get these off of him?" You asked, gently tugging at his blood covered clothes. Loona slipped his shirt over his head while you wrangled his pants off of his feet leaving him in only his boxers. His body was stained with dried blood.

"We'll have to wash him up tomorrow, this'll do for now" you whispered, pulling the covers up to his chin.

"It's uh- really hard to see him like this...thank you...for everything. He's a good dad" Loona whispered, her eyes glossing over as she stared down at Blitz's unconscious body. You wrapped your arms around her, feeling her succumb to your affection, and cooed "he'll be completely healed up soon, I promise."

With the shutting of Loona's door you flipped off the lights and managed to climb your way into the pull-out couch beside Blitz. You took your time making sure not to cause too much movement worried it would hurt him.

"Y/N..." Blitz whispered through the darkness.
"Hm?"
"I think I lost a lot of blood...I'm freezing" he whispered. You quickly flung yourself upright and prepared to take him to the hospital.
"Fuck, okay let's go, I'll grab Loona-"
"Okay, okay, okay, wait" his hand wrapped around your wrist, "I lied."
"What? What the fuck are you talking about?"
"I'm not cold...was just trying to uh- beat around the bush and get you closer to me" he admitted.
"If you weren't hurt right now, I'd punch you" you snarled, sliding back under the covers and scooting closer to him, "I don't wanna hurt you." He reached his arm out, inviting you to lay against his chest.
"Daddy likes a little pain" you felt your heart thump in your ears.
"Don't be a jackass."

You nuzzled against his chest, careful not to put any pressure on his stomach area. He snuggled his chin onto your head, his arms and tail encapsulating you in his warmth as they wrapped around you.

You rested your hand against his chest, feeling his heart pulsing beneath it. You listened to its consistent rhythm and closed your eyes, relaxing into his embrace. He ran his fingers over your hair, gently scratching at your head until your body began to fully relax and slip into sleep.