Chapter 18

You stood from behind the bushes and shuffled your way out. You were completely soaked now, mud caked onto your boots, dress, jacket, and legs. You had no idea where you were going to go, but you figured anywhere was better than here. Where do you go when you have a broken heart?

You climbed back over the locked fence and jumped down. Street lights peered on top of you as you began to follow their glow, the raining mist from the sky trickled beneath the lights.

After about twenty minutes of walking you finally ended up on a main street that was adorned with buildings. The buildings were covered with billboards and lights, the ones you had seen when you first got to hell. The IMP billboard was gently lit by the glow of a small light hanging above it. You stared at the advertisement for far too long and it was hard to imagine where you'd be if you hadn't had seen that billboard when you first got to hell. The IMP building was just across the road. Part of you wanted to go there, at least it was a familiar place, but you refused. You had decided that your dependency on Blitz and everything he had established was becoming too much.

Across the way was a hotel. It was sketchy, there had been a lot of clients who had stayed there, but it was the best that you could do. It was lit and awake, a sign shown on the window of the lobby saying "rooms vacant". You sloshed your way toward the lobby, your mud covered boots squishing against the ground.

An imp sat at the front desk asleep, their head resting on their arms as they snored loudly. You slammed the front doors shut hoping to wake them but to no avail. You walked up to the counter and loudly cleared your voice, they still slept. You looked down at the counter and found IMP business cards resting in a holder. You chuckled and snatched one, you weren't sure why but it brought you comfort.

"Can I get a room?" You finally shouted, waking the imp in a tizzy.

"What?! Huh!?" They yelled, focusing their attention on you.

"Good morning sleeping beauty, can I get a room?" You repeated.

"Uh, uh yeah," they stuttered, turning around and looking at their board behind them. They opened a drawer and handed you a set of keys, "D9 is open" they muttered. You snatched the key and gave them a quick "thanks" before walking toward hall D.

The mud from your boots smeared on the carpet beneath your feet as you walked along peering between the doors looking for number 9. You heard a plethora of noises. Some people talking, some yelling, some fucking. Number 9 was on the left side of the hall. You jiggled the key into the lock and gave it a turn, it buckled beneath your touch.

The room smelled of cigarettes and sex as you walked inside, but once you hit the lights it was relatively clean to your surprise. You walked in, locked the door, and flopped down onto the bed. Your stared at the ceiling for an extended period of time before you rolled over and your eyes locked on the phone position on the night stand.

Your hand trembled as it reached over and picked up the phone. You scanned the IMP business card and dialed the number listed. It rang once then immediately went to voicemail. It was Loona's unenthusiastic voice.

"Thanks for calling I.M.P, we're closed right now, leave a voicemail and we'll get back to you for all your-are you fucking kidding me? Who wrote this shit? Moxxie?- killing needs..." the tone dialed and beeped followed by a gentle static.

"H-hey, it's me. I don't know when you guys are gonna hear this but uh- I'm sorry for...well everything," you breathed heavily and ran your hands through your hair, "I don't have a good excuse or, or a reason, really...I just..." suddenly someone picked up the phone.

"Y/N..." it was Blitz. Your heart stopped.
"Blitz?" You said in shock, "what are you...?"
"I went looking for you and couldn't find you anywhere...I couldn't sleep so I came here thinking maybe you'd be here...where are you?" His voice was shaky.
"I'm safe, I'm okay. I'm just...I'm just sorry" you whimpered into the phone.
"Where are you? Please...please I just need to know" he begged.
"I don't want you to see me, I don't want..."
"Please Y/N, I need you. Please just-"
"I'm at the hotel across from the head quarters."
"Room?"
"D9..." click. The line went silent as he hung up.