Chapter 20

Two weeks had passed since the incident with seeing Blitz and Stolas partake in their sexual transaction. Two weeks full of Blitz constantly researching how to get into the human world without the need of the grimoire without being caught doing so. He hasn't gone on missions for the last week at least, he continues to shut himself up in his office day after day trying to find a solution. Stolas continues to call a few times a day now, Blitz had already destroyed at least five cell phones. And then there was you. You, helplessly, fully stuck in the middle of one of the most complex situations you'd ever seen. The thoughts had been rattling in your head now for the last couple of days. If you took out the key component that was at the center of this entire situation, it would go away. What was the key component? You. If Blitz had never met you he could continue fucking Stolas every month as payment for the use of the grimoire and the management of IMP wouldn't be in a questionable state. For IMP to continue growing and finding success, access to the human world was essential.

But even though the thoughts of leaving continue to drown your mind; the nights always come along. The nights full of Blitz holding you, kissing you, admiring you, expressing his love for you. And with Blitz's love came your want to protect him, to love him, to never leave his side. As Blitz struggled to find a solution you struggled with this internal battle for the last two weeks while you continued to work hard at filing paperwork for IMP and keeping things organized.

IMP continued to slowly grow, you had filed away a good amount of clients. From an outside perspective it seemed as though everything was going better than anyone could have hoped for. You had continued to establish strong relationships with Loona, Moxxie, and Millie. Your relationship with Blitz continued to strengthen and there was nothing more that you wanted in this world than for Stolas to no longer be a factor. But he was. He made his presence known a multitude of times and in a multitude of ways. Blitz continued to shield you from him, knowing the consequences of Stolas's presence in your life.

"We'll be back in a few hours, four missions to get done today!" Millie smiled largely while Loona opened the portal.

"Sir, are you coming?" Moxxie called towards Blitz's office.

"Huh? No, no, I've got a lot to do here" Blitz called back.

"Suit yourself, let's go hon!" Millie giggled, grabbing Moxxie by his arm and pulling him through the portal. It crisply shut behind them and silence filled the office.

Loona stood from her chair, stretched out largely, and snagged her purse from beneath her chair. She looked at you with a small smile and beckoned you over to her desk. You stood and met her, she leaned in to your ear before whispering.

"Huge sale going on at Stylish Occult for the next two hours, I can't miss it. Think anyone would miss me if I snuck out for a little?" Loona asked, eyeing Blitz's office.

"Are you kidding me? He either won't notice or won't care. Text Millie and let her know to call the office phone when they need the portal opened in case you aren't back yet so I can open it for them, okay?" you laughed as Loona pulled her phone out of her pocket.

"Sounds good, be back soon" Loona whispered before frantically typing away on her phone's keyboard and exiting the offices.

You sulked back toward Blitz's office, peeking through the cracked door to see what he was doing. He was deep within a book frantically thrashing through pages and chapters. It didn't seem as though he found anything useful as he sighed and continued to flip. You knew what he was looking for and there was an overwhelming fear in your heart that it didn't exist. You tapped on the door gently, it opened more under your touch. Blitz's eyes connected with yours and he gave you a hopeful smile.