Running From My Problems

"Ready, S—"

     "Wait wait wait! I forgot to put my crocs in sports mode."

     I relaxed my stance as Xiu leaned over to slide her foot out of her shoe. The rest of the girls stood around us, their rounds already finished.

     And by rounds I mean racing each other down 9 flights of stairs.

     A few months after Ben had found Jimin, Taehyung, Jungkook, and I asleep in the elevator, the boys were put back to work so we barely get to interact with them. While they were creating and dancing and recording, our group was still suspended without a debut day. We couldn't really do anything; Ben and I had finished the lyrics and backing track a few days after the elevator incident, and Ae-cha and I had already learned the choreography and began to teach the others.

     In short, we were freaking bored.

     So when we all got in an argument about who was the fastest, Sun-hee had the wonderful idea that maybe we should test it out.

     And I never back down from a challenge.

     Ben leaned against the locked roof access door. "Xiu, I don't think it takes 45 seconds to fix your shoes."

     "Well....you think....wrong!" Xiu said, still struggling.

     "I wonder how high this fall is?" Iseul mused, leaning against the railing to look straight down.

     I snorted. "High enough."

     "Ye-seo!" The blonde scolded from her spot on the floor.

     "What? I was joking!"

     "I'm not," Iseul interjected. "Come look at how high we are."

     She gestured for us to join her at the railing,   Sun-hee immediately walking over, followed by      Ae-cha.

     "Wow! We are really high!" Sun-hee exclaimed.

     Ae-cha looked at the two with an incredulous look. "We've been running down these stairs for the past two hours and you're just now realizing that?"

     "No wonder I got tired quickly," Iseul muttered.

     Xiuying snickered, standing up. "You went down two floors and gave up."

     The pinkette sniffed. "I don't run."

     Ben laughed. "That's what Ye-seo said and here she is in the final round."

     I gave a wink and a thumbs up.

"Well at least I didn't cheat and take the elevator," Iseul defended.

Ben shrugged. "The stairs took too long."

"That's why you were disqualified."

"And that's why your mom—"

"YA!" I interrupted, pointing at the two youngest. "There are minors present."

Xiu pouted. "Oh come on unnie! I was invested."

"Awwww. What a shame. Now, are you prepared to get crushed?"

"In your dreams!"

"Huh. Must be deja vu then."

She narrowed her eyes as she got ready to run. I smirked as I did the same.

"Oh! You're ready now?" Ae-cha exclaimed. "I wasn't even paying attention."