Seoul-Bound

1 more hour.

     I banged on the door. "Get out of the bathroom,
Seo-jun!"

     His voice came from inside the locked room. "What did the door ever do to you?"

     "Right now? It's keeping me from smacking you."

     The lock clicked and he stuck his head through the crack, a toothbrush sticking out his mouth.

     "You're so aggressive." He said, his words slightly slurred.

     I scowled. "Move, Seo-jun," I said, pushing on the door.

     He removed his head from the crack. "What? No honorifics?"

     I growled. "Fine. Move, ahjussi."

     I heard the facet turn on and off. "You should respect your elders," he retorted.

     I pushed on the door, struggling to get good traction in my socks. I peeked through the crack I made and looked at the mirror.

     "Why are you so heavy?" I complained.

     He snorted. "This isn't even all my weight."

     He shifted and the door slammed shut. My feet lost their grip and I slipped to the ground. I huffed, crossing my arms and leaning against the locked door. I fingered one of my sleeves as I checked the time on my phone.

     I groaned in frustration. "Seo-jun, get out!"

     I fell backwards as the door swung open behind me. My brother's face filled my view as he stood leaning over me.

     "You look ridiculous lying on the ground like that." He grinned.

     I glared up at him. "You took 15 minutes to brush your teeth and comb your hair."

     He joked, flipping his hair. "Had to look good for the fans."

     He gestured to his forehead, scrunching up his eyebrows. "Your fringe is all messed up, by the way."

     I sat up quickly as he ran laughing down the hallway, out my reach. I groaned as I heaved myself off the floor, using the edge of the sink to help me up. Quickly, I checked the clock on my phone.

     40 more minutes.

     I put toothpaste on my toothbrush before sticking it in my mouth, pulling my hair up into a low bun. With the toothbrush still in my mouth I started on my makeup.

     "Why are you doing that?" Seo-jun popped up out of nowhere as I finished my eyeliner. "You're getting on a plane."

     I spit out the toothpaste. "And I will look beautiful on said plane."

     He sighed. "You realize we only have like-" he checked his watch "-20 minutes, right?"

     "All I have to do is fix my fringe and change."

     Seo-jun followed me as I made my way to our room, packing up my toothbrush and toothpaste, and replacing it with my straightener. We went back to the bathroom where I promptly plugged it into the wall and sat on the rug to wait.

     I ran my hands through the soft fabric, the idea of leaving finally hitting me. We had barely been in this house a week. The walls were still all the same color, a dark shade of beige, and there were no pictures because we hadn't had the time to hang them up. Boxes still lined the hallway and stood in empty rooms, almost all of them still packed. Before,
Seo-jun and I had placed around small things on the shelves—little plants, and few books, and Seo-jun's light he has for BTS concerts. Now, even those small things were packed away, leaving to Korea with us.