Fight or Flight? Definitely Flight

"You did what?"

My brother's voice rang from the device in my hand, a slight electronic buzz humming through it.

"I ran away."

His tone was one of disbelief as he processed what I had said.

"You ran away," he repeated. "Ok ok ok. I'm gonna need you to explain everything over again."

     "Didn't I just tell you the whole story?"

     "Yes," he admitted. "But I need to hear it again."

     I sighed, the embarrassing moment that had just taken place filling the forefront of my mind yet again, feeling the need to shrink even further into the wall of the women's bathroom I had found.

     "Okay, so...." I started.

-  -  -  -  -  -  -

My eyes slowly shifted to meet hers, recognizing the fact Ae-cha was not the person laughing. Her eyes widened as she stared at me, realizing the same thing.

My heart thudded loudly in my ears as I watched her gaze move past me, sight landing on something—or someone. Her jaw went slack, and that was enough.

I slowly turned in my seat to face what Ae-cha was staring at and immediately froze.

     Because I finally understood what had her so shocked.

     Sitting at the table beside ours, doubled over and laughing his head off with his lips pulled into a big, boxy smile, was the one and only Kim Taehyung.

I couldn't breathe.

     Kim Taehyung was sitting at the table behind me, facing my back. Kim Taehyung had just heard me admit that I'd like to marry him over his other members. And, Kim Taehyung was staring directly into my eyes, amusement all over his features as he struggled to control his laughing at my stupefied expression.

     I felt heat quickly rise up my cheeks as I realized that this moment was going to be his first impression of me. Ever.

     I grew even redder when I realized I had no clue how much he had heard.

     I slowly turned back around, wishing I could hide my red face, silently cursing that I had pulled my hair up and into the ugliest bun possible. It doesn't help that he was sitting in front of me, looking absolutely breathtaking with his curly black hair and simple practice clothes.

     Why had I chosen today of all days not to wear any makeup, not even coverup?

     Which made every inch of my blush mess very, very obvious.

     I looked at Ae-cha, noting the delicate pink blush that had spread from her neck to the tips of her ears, eyes shifting between me and the laughing idol behind me.

     I cleared my throat. "I'd like to change my answer."

     Ae-cha just managed to squeak out a startled, "Huh?".

     "Forget Jimin. I'd like to kill myself."

     I quickly stood up, feeling like I was burning up from the inside out, wanting to absolutely disappear into the floor. I ignored the choked sound Ae-cha made and the sound of a chair scraping against the floor as I practically sprinted to leave the cafeteria.