Dancing Queen

The building was huge.

My mouth opened involuntarily as I stared at the large edifice in front of me.

I suddenly felt small.

I looked down at myself, wishing that I had prepared my look more before I had called a car to come pick me up. I nervously wiped my hands on my oversized t-shirt, questioning my entire existence.

Should I have woken up earlier? Probably.

But was I tired after binge watching k-dramas on Netflix? Yes.

I took a deep breath, calming myself, and walked towards the entrance. Pushing open the door, I was immediately met by what I assume was security.

"Oh, hello?" I said without thinking as the man proceeded to pass the device over my entire body like I was hiding a knife or something.

Sir I am wearing volleyball shorts and a t-shirt. Where would I use to hide?

He walked a little bit off, satisfied that I wasn't a murderer.

     I muttered under my breath, walking towards the receptionist. She looked at me with an amused expression.

     She smiled kindly at me. "Are you Oh Ye-seo?"

     I nodded, giving her a small smile in return. She pointed to her right.

     "Over there are the elevators. Take one to the 12th floor. Bang pd-nim will meet you there." She paused for a moment.

     Looking at me, she leaned partially over the desk, a hand pressed against her cheek to cover her mouth. Naturally, I leaned towards her.

     "Honestly, I hope they like you," she whispered. "That girl group has been waiting so long to debut. Maybe you'll be the final addition."

Huh?

     I forced a smile. There's no way. Wouldn't I need training? And that's assuming I make it.

     The woman winks at me, gesturing again to the elevators, a few strands of her brown hair falling out of her bun. I slowly began walking there, pausing periodically to look back at her, who now had her hands forming two thumbs up. I got inside the elevator and watched as the doors replaced my view of the lobby.

     I took a deep breath, trying to calm down my racing heart.

     What if I mess up?

     What if they hate me?

Crap, what if I embarrass myself so bad I ruin my chances of trying for an entertainment company ever again?

"Aish," I whispered, leaning my head against the wall.

Gotta love my self pep talks.

It wasn't long before the elevator dinged, announcing that I was on the right floor. I cautiously stepped one foot out, looking around for this 'Bang pd-nim' I was supposed to meet.

     I jumped when someone appeared in front of me, nervously smiling and stepping fully out of the elevator to address them.

I bowed. "It's nice to meet you, Bang pd-nim."

My heart actually stopped when I heard the man in front of me start belly laughing.

Crap, did I do something wrong? Did I just embarrass myself? I'm not familiar with Korean customs—

The man stopped laughing as I looked up tentatively. He smiled kindly. "Sorry, but I believe you have the wrong person."

Please don't tell me he's an idol. Please don't tell me he's an idol. Please don't tell me—